Boston vs Toronto !!! Game 7 Baby!! LETS DO THIS!

resilient part 2

Boston vs Toronto  

20 members have voted

1. 1. who wins and in how many?

• Toronto in 5
    • Toronto in 6
    • Toronto in 7
    • Boston in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Boston in 7

Looking at the Box score .. Boston from 3.. Tatum 4-8 Kemba 1-7 Brown 1-7, Smart 2-10, the bench 1-5...

the sad part was Brown and Smart were dared to shoot and missed like crazy.

God I hope Hayward comes back and plays soon.. just being able to make a single shot would help loosen this shet up..

This game and this series was both a great positive and negative IMO.. 

Positive is the grind it out BIG pressure game experience is something than can NOT be taught.. That experience will benefit down the road..

Negative - Tor exposed Boston's weaknesses.. Their defensive strategy. blitzing Tatum, box-and-1 on Kemba and daring Boston's other players to shoot consistently may very well be Boston downfall.

G Hayward is Boston's medicine though.. 

Edited by resilient part 2

43 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Van Vleet thinking he is Kobe is getting kinda old. Dribbles out the clock and jacks up some trash, smh. Ugh. Congrats on the win fellas. 

yeah lowry fouling out was so huge. Van Vleet had a poor possession but I equally blame Nurse for challenging the most obvious foul on Lowry. Lowry fouling out ripped yall apart, unfortunately for you. 

I have many thoughts some less important that I will leave out but first of all conrgrats to @resilient part 2 and @Troy Brown Boston is a really really good team. My instant thought is they most likely will win the East and have a very good shot against the Lakers however I don’t think they can beat the Clippers. That’s where I stand. 

I’ll get Pascal out of the way I was initially going to defend him in some small way by mentioning his defense but I really can’t (even if I kind of just did) he was so bad offensively and may have been the reason we lost the series it was bad enough that he was missing every damn shot he took but when he started to turn the ball over Every play it really killed us. Look did I overate Pascal? Yes. Did I know I was while I was doing it? Of course I did. Part of it was trying to Will his stardom into existence and for a while it was working and it was a lot of fun for a long time. Now I don’t know exactly what he is or will be even before the bubble I was beginning to believe he wasn’t a true number one option and now in a 20 game bubble sample size I don’t think I could be any more discouraged like he doesn’t even look like the Pascal or two years ago let alone last year. His shot just vanished and I had absolutely no faith in him taking any type of shot at all at any point in the series it used to be oh he may go 1/5 from 3 one night and then 4/5 the next night he’s just gotta keep going but that never happened in the bubble. Obviously you can go on about it’s the playoffs different defense he’s been looked on as a number 1 option for the first time in his career and that’s all true but he was still missing shots he usually makes and had no confidence and it was bad. He’s not the next superstar he’s not the Kawhi replacement we were definitely missing “that guy” in this series. I guess I was hoping her past Boston and hopefully he just finds it while many people were saying we need Pascal to finally have his breakout tonight I knew deep down that probably wasn’t gonna happen. But I still believe in him he got better every year in his career at a pretty unprecedented rate from what I thought he would be he just stalled out in the most depressing way possible. This must be absolute hell for him and this can go one of two ways from here on out we won’t speak of how bad it can spiral he can be a really good player in this league there is something there that can get back. He’s not the superstar I had hoped for but he’s not this guy there’s no way he’s something in between and hopefully he can improve from this and learn a real lesson.

Lowry is great and I really hate he’s still disrespected the way he has been around the league. 

Ill save the rest when I have time for more reflection. 

It is funny how expectations change before the season started this is exactly what I predicted being a top 4 seed winning round 1 and being a damn tough out in round 2 with a small shot of advancing. That was probably hopeful and not everyone or everything else around it played out like I thought it would but people said this team wasn’t making the playoffs. Which looking back is absolutely wild.

It sucks more because it was Boston is something I say to myself right now but either way that would have changed I said today if we can just get past Boston I’ll take it but then if we did I’d be thinking finals and would be as crushed losing to Miami if it were to happen and then just making the finals I’d say that’s it that’s enough but if that did happen it wouldn’t have been any lesser than this feeling. Right now this feeling giant near as bad as I thought it was I loved watching this team and I wanted to keep watching them as long as possible hoping the final game of the season ended with a win again. Without last year I may have gone in a much different direction now but somehow it just worked out and I still do have last year to look back on  and I’m happy about that. 

It’s on the off-season now but I’m not ready to think that all the way through and I said jokingly before that well at least football season is on but yea football season is on and I may be on to that for a while. I say this knowing full well that I’ll watch Lakers/Clippers and will have super mixed feelings with that and obviously the finals but it’s still pretty damn cool that for this one year (most likely) I don’t have to wait 4 months for the next thing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

I have many thoughts some less important that I will leave out but first of all conrgrats to @resilient part 2 and @Troy Brown Boston is a really really good team. My instant thought is they most likely will win the East and have a very good shot against the Lakers however I don’t think they can beat the Clippers. That’s where I stand. 

I hate how likable this Boston team is.

• Like 2