Boston vs Toronto !!! Game 7 Baby!! LETS DO THIS!

resilient part 2

Boston vs Toronto  

20 members have voted

1. 1. who wins and in how many?

• Toronto in 5
    • Toronto in 6
    • Toronto in 7
    • Boston in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Boston in 7

11 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I have many thoughts some less important that I will leave out but first of all conrgrats to @resilient part 2 and @Troy Brown Boston is a really really good team. My instant thought is they most likely will win the East and have a very good shot against the Lakers however I don’t think they can beat the Clippers. That’s where I stand. 

I’ll get Pascal out of the way I was initially going to defend him in some small way by mentioning his defense but I really can’t (even if I kind of just did) he was so bad offensively and may have been the reason we lost the series it was bad enough that he was missing every damn shot he took but when he started to turn the ball over Every play it really killed us. Look did I overate Pascal? Yes. Did I know I was while I was doing it? Of course I did. Part of it was trying to Will his stardom into existence and for a while it was working and it was a lot of fun for a long time. Now I don’t know exactly what he is or will be even before the bubble I was beginning to believe he wasn’t a true number one option and now in a 20 game bubble sample size I don’t think I could be any more discouraged like he doesn’t even look like the Pascal or two years ago let alone last year. His shot just vanished and I had absolutely no faith in him taking any type of shot at all at any point in the series it used to be oh he may go 1/5 from 3 one night and then 4/5 the next night he’s just gotta keep going but that never happened in the bubble. Obviously you can go on about it’s the playoffs different defense he’s been looked on as a number 1 option for the first time in his career and that’s all true but he was still missing shots he usually makes and had no confidence and it was bad. He’s not the next superstar he’s not the Kawhi replacement we were definitely missing “that guy” in this series. I guess I was hoping her past Boston and hopefully he just finds it while many people were saying we need Pascal to finally have his breakout tonight I knew deep down that probably wasn’t gonna happen. But I still believe in him he got better every year in his career at a pretty unprecedented rate from what I thought he would be he just stalled out in the most depressing way possible. This must be absolute hell for him and this can go one of two ways from here on out we won’t speak of how bad it can spiral he can be a really good player in this league there is something there that can get back. He’s not the superstar I had hoped for but he’s not this guy there’s no way he’s something in between and hopefully he can improve from this and learn a real lesson.

Lowry is great and I really hate he’s still disrespected the way he has been around the league. 

Ill save the rest when I have time for more reflection. 

It is funny how expectations change before the season started this is exactly what I predicted being a top 4 seed winning round 1 and being a damn tough out in round 2 with a small shot of advancing. That was probably hopeful and not everyone or everything else around it played out like I thought it would but people said this team wasn’t making the playoffs. Which looking back is absolutely wild.

It sucks more because it was Boston is something I say to myself right now but either way that would have changed I said today if we can just get past Boston I’ll take it but then if we did I’d be thinking finals and would be as crushed losing to Miami if it were to happen and then just making the finals I’d say that’s it that’s enough but if that did happen it wouldn’t have been any lesser than this feeling. Right now this feeling giant near as bad as I thought it was I loved watching this team and I wanted to keep watching them as long as possible hoping the final game of the season ended with a win again. Without last year I may have gone in a much different direction now but somehow it just worked out and I still do have last year to look back on  and I’m happy about that. 

It’s on the off-season now but I’m not ready to think that all the way through and I said jokingly before that well at least football season is on but yea football season is on and I may be on to that for a while. I say this knowing full well that I’ll watch Lakers/Clippers and will have super mixed feelings with that and obviously the finals but it’s still pretty damn cool that for this one year (most likely) I don’t have to wait 4 months for the next thing. 

would you expect and/or want FVV to be resigned? regardless of that answer I think Toronto should be in play to bring back DeRozan and at price both team and player can live with.. It would allow Siakim to be a 1st or 2nd option in a game, but maybe let DeMar close out at the end. Upgrade from Gasol. and play the younger players more.. Toronto is still right there IMO going forward.

36 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

we'll call it even for your coach standing on the court :)

It ain't my team for one. But how does that excuse Tatum from passing to a coach that's wearing a colored shirt that doesnt even match any of the uniforms worn that night?? It was a clear block, the refs missed it 

I think the Raptors are in good shape, I don't think FVV is a max player but I do think he makes them vastly better. Siakam will bounce back, but he's not a #1 and I didn't know he was considered one. The bubble, as much as I would prefer it to be regarded well, annoys me in that broadcasters and the NBA are pretending like it's an actual continuation of the season. The numbers don't matter from the first part of this year and the break was as long as a real offseason. 

I honestly just don't think much of nick nurse, though. Continuing to play through Siakam was absolutely wild 

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

It ain't my team for one. But how does that excuse Tatum from passing to a coach that's wearing a colored shirt that doesnt even match any of the uniforms worn that night?? It was a clear block, the refs missed it 

Point is bang bang plays are missed by the super competent NBA officials every other trip down the floor. Doesn't matter what shirt Nurse is wearing, he's still on the court when he shouldn't be at a critical juncture of the game less than 2 feet away from a Celtics player.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Point is bang bang plays are missed by the super competent NBA officials every other trip down the floor. Doesn't matter what shirt Nurse is wearing, he's still on the court when he shouldn't be at a critical juncture of the game less than 2 feet away from a Celtics player.

preventing him from being in position on that play... that's what people are missing. He was supposed to be where Nurse was

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Many coaches and players have been on the floor during gameplay. Hell the Lakers entire bench in the regular season at one point stood on the floor, farther than Nurse did, and yet no call was made. That sounds like consistency to me. Dude had like one toe over the line. And if he was standing next to a Celtic player then Tatum should have been able to differentiate between a teammate and someone else. I mean his teammate is wearing the exact same colors right?? My point being they didnt call it on the Lakers during the regular season so why call it in the postseason??

Incompetent officials I agree. Why is it that they can go back and assess what player fouled whom but they cant go back and review for a goaltend?

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

Many coaches and players have been on the floor during gameplay. Hell the Lakers entire bench in the regular season at one point stood on the floor, farther than Nurse did, and yet no call was made. That sounds like consistency to me. Dude had like one toe over the line. And if he was standing next to a Celtic player then Tatum should have been able to differentiate between a teammate and someone else. I mean his teammate is wearing the exact same colors right?? My point being they didnt call it on the Lakers during the regular season so why call it in the postseason??

Incompetent officials I agree. Why is it that they can go back and assess what player fouled whom but they cant go back and review for a goaltend?

They can go back and review a goaltend. 

Annnnd yeah, I ain't seen a situation similar to Nurse being on the floor in a tight game next to an opposing player with a foot on the court, especially in the bubble where it should be quite obvious without a **** ton other distractions. 

Also, refs missing a close goaltend and not changing it. Happens constantly. Sounds consistent to me.