Black Sails Mafia (S1): Day 5

SwAg

Just now, Daniel said:

So Blue has a betrayer character too, but MWil kills me for flavor reasons.

I call Shenanigans!

1. We're masons

2. Apparently my character's betrayal takes place in Season 2, and this game is Season 1

3. I'm clearly not in either of the confirmed factions

4. lol

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

So Blue has a betrayer character too, but MWil kills me for flavor reasons.

I call Shenanigans!

https://black-sails.fandom.com/wiki/Mr._Scott

MAJOR SPOILERS

Mr. Scott was Eleanor Guthrie’s right-hand man. Formerly Richard Guthrie’s house slave, his loyalties are put to the test as Eleanor allies herself more closely with Captain Flint. After he was sent to the slave markets aboard the Andromache and liberated by Flint's pirates, he joined the pirate crew of Captain Benjamin Hornigold, becoming his quartermaster.

---------------------------------------

Eleanor eventually completed a transaction where she freed the male slaves to join the crew of the Black Hind and allowed for the females to work for a wage in her tavern. Scott is obviously very pleased with this. When Eleanor asks that Scott come back as her adviser, he tells her that he has joined Captain Hornigold's crew. He states that as long as she is working with Flint, he will always be tempted to interfere.

At Eleanor's tavern, Mr. Scott arrives in Eleanor's office. Eleanor expresses her concern with the storm, which she calls a "ship killer." Eleanor tells Scott how sad she is about all the strife that the schedule has caused between her and Scott and her and Max. Scott tells her that trouble might have found them anyways, regardless of the schedule.

They eventually reconcile. But it should be pretty much every person in the show betrays someone at some point. 

I betray Flint.

Flint betrays his crew

Max betrays me

Anny cheats on Rackham with Max

Long John eventually takes power from everyone.

Vane betrays his former captain

etc, etc, etc

Just now, Matts4313 said:

https://black-sails.fandom.com/wiki/Mr._Scott

MAJOR SPOILERS

They eventually reconcile. But it should be pretty much every person in the show betrays someone at some point. 

I betray Flint.

Flint betrays his crew

Max betrays me

Anny cheats on Rackham with Max

Long John eventually takes power from everyone.

Vane betrays his former captain

etc, etc, etc

Who does Dufresne betray?

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Who does Dufresne betray?

He ends up being the ~3rd qrtmaster (almost like a union rep) under Flint. Each one of them knows about the about some of the shady stuff Flint does. Towards the end of Season 1 they are near the gold, but there is a war class Spanish ship in between them and the gold. Flint (along with Vanes ship) wants to attack the much, much bigger and better armed ship. Durfrense knows they are about to get their arse kicked. So he "relieves" Flint of command. Flint ignores him and goes to fire a cannon, Dufresne shoots him. Long John Silver goes to a different cannon and fires it, ensuring the battle happens. 

They beat the warship, but pretty much destroy their ownship in the process. 

^^^^^^^ That was the final straw. Dufresne has been plotting against him for a while^^^^

SPOILERS 

Edited by Matts4313