Kaepernick nominated for HOF?

40Year Pack Fan

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

It's fine if you want to do something special for off the field actions and maybe have a separate wing in the HOF for humanitarian issues. But to put him next to the likes of Montana, Favre, Unitas, Marino, and futures like Brees, Bortles, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc? No.

This.

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

So why Kaepernick and not someone like Kyle Rudolph who has given millions to the  University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital to make sure ailing kids, some who will never leave the hospital, can be a kids while battling issues? How about JJ Watt and his actions during the Houston floods from Hurricane Harvey. And I'm sure there's 100+ other players who have made big differences in the lives of humans as well but we just don't hear about them because they're not political.

I'm not taking anything away from Kaepernick. Do I agree with him? No. But I respect what he set out to do and has started but at what point do we decide which off the field actions are HOF worthy? What if Nathan Peterman runs into a burning building and single-handedly saves 100 people? Is that HOF worthy?

It's fine if you want to do something special for off the field actions and maybe have a separate wing in the HOF for humanitarian issues. But to put him next to the likes of Montana, Favre, Unitas, Marino, and futures like Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc? No.

Watt can't be considered yet because he's still an active player....

I think it’s too early for this, but if his previous activism ends up being something we look back on and say it was the initial fire point for a change in NFL culture, I don’t see why he wouldn’t go in as a contributor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Watt can't be considered yet because he's still an active player....

lol Yes. I know that. So is Rudolph but that wasn't my point. Just examples of players doing great things off the field that should be HOF worthy

I'm sure there's tons of retired players who have done amazing things off the field if that I don't really have the energy to think of at the moment.

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think it’s too early for this, but if his previous activism ends up being something we look back on and say it was the initial fire point for a change in NFL culture, I don’t see why he wouldn’t go in as a contributor.

This is what I was thinking. I think we are too far away from where this all eventually ends up to know, but this is a path I could see 

10 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

lol Yes. I know that. So is Rudolph but that wasn't my point. Just examples of players doing great things off the field that should be HOF worthy

I'm sure there's tons of retired players who have done amazing things off the field if that I don't really have the energy to think of at the moment.

What's even funnier than that is I didn't readily recognize Kyle Rudolph's name....

• Like 1

Also, you can really tell who didn’t read the article before deciding to post. He’s not even being nominated as a player, but that’s not stopping people from talking about how he shouldn’t go in as a player.

Also a little weird that no one has mentioned the way he got nominated, as it was literally a fan writing in a nomination.