Kaepernick nominated for HOF?

40Year Pack Fan

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Good point but that superbowl prediction basically made him a HOF. One of the first super star QBs in the NFL. 

Its because he sensationalized the game that he is a HOFer. Without Namath the game isnt worth billions. However on the field, his contribution is minimal. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

The views aside. His career as a player isn't HOF worthy.

Well no one is going to disagree with that obviously but the only claim Kaep has to the HoF is his activism. He still won't get in over that, cause I'd imagine the voters are probably not going to share the same viewpoints as him.

3 minutes ago, Drained said:

Kaep will never be HoF, I would imagine the voters aren't all in favor of his views, trying to ignore political stuff but its true.

They are in favor of his views though. Say anything for sake of the money. Cause theres a sucker to believe it born every minute.

So why Kaepernick and not someone like Kyle Rudolph who has given millions to the  University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital to make sure ailing kids, some who will never leave the hospital, can be a kids while battling issues? How about JJ Watt and his actions during the Houston floods from Hurricane Harvey. And I'm sure there's 100+ other players who have made big differences in the lives of humans as well but we just don't hear about them because they're not political.

I'm not taking anything away from Kaepernick. Do I agree with him? No. But I respect what he set out to do and has started but at what point do we decide which off the field actions are HOF worthy? What if Nathan Peterman runs into a burning building and single-handedly saves 100 people? Is that HOF worthy?

It's fine if you want to do something special for off the field actions and maybe have a separate wing in the HOF for humanitarian issues. But to put him next to the likes of Montana, Favre, Unitas, Marino, and futures like Brees, Minshew, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc? No.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 5