Raiders place Tanner Muse on IR

bucksavage1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So how are you able to judge them so harshly when they haven't even really played enough...

Who are we judging harsly exactly? And if you cant judge them harsly with so little time, how can they be called homeruns with so little time also. How is renfrow and moreau homerun picks already. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How can you guys criticize players who have never even played here yet? It's hilarious. 

Says the guy calling out Mayock for taking shots on project players.

They also haven't played yet. 

Dude, make up your mind and stop being a contrarian for the sake of it.

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

Who are we judging harsly exactly? And if you cant judge them harsly with so little time, how can they be called homeruns with so little time also. How is renfrow and moreau homerun picks already. 

I never said they were home run picks. I just find it funny that a bunch of posters here act like the sky is falling and Mayock is terrible at drafting because we traded Bowden and Muse had a poor training camp. 

Good teams build through the draft, our 2019 rookie class had one of the most productive seasons in NFL history for a rookie class as a collective. You have to hope those players can build on that and be more consistent going forward. We've heard reports that Agholor and Jones have balled out at camp and we're still rolling with Edwards/Ruggs as our starters. We signed Prince who was one of the best CB's in the league last season in man coverage and we felt confident enough in Arnette's play at camp to cut him. 

Rebuilding a team from the ground up is a process. And I'm not going to flip out because we traded a 3rd round pick who was more concerned with partying then playing football or that one of our other 3rd round picks had a rough training camp. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What draft picks have been wasted? Other than the Bowden pick and the Bell pick? The jury is still out on Muse. 

U do realize that muse is a project player just like Bowden was correct. Both 3rd rd picks. Neither is on opening day roster. Those ain't god picks. Muse being a great special teamer in his 3rd year wont make it a good pick. 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Says the guy calling out Mayock for taking shots on project players.

They also haven't played yet. 

Dude, make up your mind and stop being a contrarian for the sake of it.

Overall I don't think the Muse/Bowden picks were great, I wasn't a fan of either pick at the time. Bowden is clearly a low character guy and didn't fit the culture. Muse had a bad camp but there's still a long way to go for him. The vast majority of the picks that Mayock has made are either starters or backups that will play. Not much more that you can ask for... 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

U do realize that muse is a project player just like Bowden was correct. Both 3rd rd picks. Neither is on opening day roster. Those ain't god picks. Muse being a great special teamer in his 3rd year wont make it a good pick. 

You do realize that 9/17 players that Mayock has drafted the last two cycles are projected starters, right? We recouped some of the value from Bowden by trading him now and again, the jury is still out on Muse. We haven't even seen him play a snap yet... 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Overall I don't think the Muse/Bowden picks were great, I wasn't a fan of either pick at the time. Bowden is clearly a low character guy and didn't fit the culture. Muse had a bad camp but there's still a long way to go for him. The vast majority of the picks that Mayock has made are either starters or backups that will play. Not much more that you can ask for... 

He isn't clearly anything. Lol. But if saying he is a low character guy over and over again makes you feel better about the terrible pick. Go right ahead. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We don’t even have the Lynn Bowden 3rd rounder anymore. For mike to brag about how crucial those 3rd rounders were that makes it easy to criticize 

Can you find me a GM that has hit on every single pick? 

We've had 1 draft pick that didn't stick, 1 that went to IR, and traded 1 after realizing it wasn't the right fit off the field. 

He isn't clearly anything. Lol. But if saying he is a low character guy over and over again makes you feel better about the terrible pick. Go right ahead. Lol. 

Reports that he was out partying in Vegas late night, more concerned about spending his money than learning the playbook, his house being raided by the DEA, or him punching a player in the face and then pushing one of his coaches before their bowl game don't imply some character concerns? There was also reports that he was becoming more and more distracted by Vegas life and the team didn't want him to be a bad apple in the locker room...

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You do realize that 9/17 players that Mayock has drafted the last two cycles are projected starters, right? We recouped some of the value from Bowden by trading him now and again, the jury is still out on Muse. We haven't even seen him play a snap yet... 

How many would start on other teams. Yall like to say he had no roster to work with and had to tear it down, but wants to give him credit cause the rookies he drafting are starting. I mean who the heck else gonna start. No choice but to start the rookies. Now if those 9 guys would be projected starters on a bunch of other teams to. That's when he deserve credit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Reports that he was out partying in Vegas late night, more concerned about spending his money than learning the playbook, his house being raided by the DEA, or him punching a player in the face and then pushing one of his coaches before their bowl game don't imply some character concerns? There was also reports that he was becoming more and more distracted by Vegas life and the team didn't want him to be a bad apple in the locker room...

All those reports didn't come out until after the cutting. I bet you probably defended him after  the dea raid and he wasnt arrested. So u mean to tell me mayock drafted a guy with obvious character concerns, brought him to Vegas and ask him to change position and learn it while trying to learn one of the hardest playbooks in the league. Yeah this was bowden fault. Lolol. 

Now if those 9 guys would be projected starters on a bunch of other teams to. That's when he deserve credit. 

Our rookie class had one of the best years for a rookie class in NFL history last season. All you can do is hope that your young players flash and then develop going forward. If you can't give him credit yet is it really fair to criticize him when we haven't even seen most of these guys play for us yet? lmao.

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

All those reports didn't come out until after the cutting. I bet you probably defended him after  the dea raid and he wasnt arrested. So u mean to tell me mayock drafted a guy with obvious character concerns, brought him to Vegas and ask him to change position and learn it while trying to learn one of the hardest playbooks in the league. Yeah this was bowden fault. Lolol. 

There were reports that he looked slow throughout training camp. I never commented either way about the DEA raid but again that combined with him having $20,000+ of jewelry as a college student and punching opposing players/getting physical with his own coaches doesn't exactly scream high character guy. 

I also think it was more difficult to get a gauge on guys characters with no pro days and no team workouts. We only met with him once for 15 minutes at the combine. 

Based on reports from people close to the team it was a character issue with him. Why else would they look to move on so quickly? They already knew he was going to have a steep learning curve and at very worst he has some special teams value as a returner. The media's access to camp, players, etc. was also very limited this year due to covid. And what benefit would there have been from us leaking character concerns about Bowden before we look to move on from him?