Who do you blame?

buno67

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed, good post.

We went 1-15 and got YOUNGER somehow.

Got younger and worse at positions that weren’t great. Got worse with corners and wide receivers while also getting younger just about every where else. 

I like Kizer and have been impressed with what he has shown. If the Browns get.the 1st pick, do they target a QB like Rosen?

maybe trade down for more picks? 

This draft will be the most important draft since the return IMO because so many things are depending on it

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Got younger and worse at positions that weren’t great. Got worse with corners and wide receivers while also getting younger just about every where else. 

I like Kizer and have been impressed with what he has shown. If the Browns get.the 1st pick, do they target a QB like Rosen?

maybe trade down for more picks? 

This draft will be the most important draft since the return IMO because so many things are depending on it

It's hard to argue against a "franchise qb" if you're picking first and there's one on the board unless Kizer takes some big steps. 

I think we'll be trading down with one of our picks, why wouldn't they with all the top 64 picks we have?

Who do I blame...wow...so many choices:

We'll just assume 90% of players drafted, coaches and FO personnel hired, and ownership is wrong from 1999-2014 and fast forward until now.

Ultimately, here's what I blame the past 3 years on:

Years of ineptitude at player evaluation, drafting terribly, caving to incompetent owners and coaches who want certain players to either fit their system, sell tickets, or work in the NFL the way that it did in college, combined with lack of effort in bringing in quality free agents, spending money, and putting a concerted effort into addressing offensive skill positions (WR, RB, and QB) has gotten us to the point that we're in now.

Truly I don't believe that if you put BB on this team you'd get many more if any more wins than last year and this year. We've, completely out of necessity, torn this thing down to the studs, and are playing 1st and 2nd year players at so many different positions, that it's sloppy, mistakes abound, and growing pains are about as bad as they can be. Being the youngest team in the NFL sounds GREAT, but that means a LOT of trouble in the immediate/present.

Throw in how we don't even have the #1 overall pick of the draft on a returning 1-15 roster with guys like Jaimie Collins and Corey Coleman injured (even if you don't think they've done much to contribute, that's our last 2 1st rounders), that spells disaster.

2018 will be make or break for Coleman, and even if he is legit we still need at least 1 more dominant WR on the outside and someone who is a viable Red Zone threat, not to mention a legitimate NFL starting RB, and perhaps even a capable slot WR, aside from also perhaps a Franchise QB (we'll see how the next 12 games go as I'm not writing in Kizer or writing him off).

That's a LOT to address. We couldn't address it all this year, but our Front 7 looks like a legitimate NFL front 7, our secondary sucks like we all knew it would, our OL looks good for the most part aside from the RT position, and our offensive skill positions are hot garbage. Guess what? We spent a LOT of equity in free agency and in the draft at shoring up these 2 areas and so far, it seems to have worked. This next year, I fully expect us to address the other 2 areas in a similar fashion. 2018 and 2019 look like possibilities.

1 hour ago, CleBrowns07 said:

You realize they are kinda doing the build the same way you used the house analogy. 

Spent a crap ton in the offensive line this offseason...the foundation. 

Have who they believe is a franchise qb...also the foundation?

Some serviceable young talent (taylor, shelton, collins, garrett hopefully)...part of the walls. 

Just need the studs as you put it. 

And like your house, the first part takes a year, secoyns part takes a year, and by the next year you start seeing the progress of patience. 

The fact that we believed this team with this roster could win 5-6 games is laughable. This is a 1-15 team who barely escaped 0-16 who is now starting a 21 year old at qb. Granted I did not think we'd be this bad either but we can't expect a few offensive linemen and jabrill peppers to take us from 1-15 to 5-11 or 6-10. We need another solid draft and need to provide kizer with some actual talent. 

Yep good post!

probably because I ag:Dree 

It's poor evaluating. There's not much more to it.

Hue isn't a great x/o's coach but he could win if he could properly evaluate talent...or if the FO was good at evaluating talent. They've been great at amassing draft capital but not good at using it.

It doesn't take a 4-5yrs. A solid 3 or so draft picks, with one preferably being a QB, and you'll have a playoff worthy team.

Titans

14' OT Taylor Lewan, 15' QB Marcus Mariota, 16' OT Jack Conklin, 16' RB Derrick Henry, 16' S Kevin Byard and FA's RB Demarco Murray & TE Delanie Walker.

(The Titans have basically sucked acquiring talent besides these few picks and they're still a playoff contender.)

Panthers

11' QB Cam Newton, 12' LB Luke Kuechly, 13' DT Star Lotulelei, 13' DT Kawaan Short

Eagles

13' OT Lane Johnson, 15' LB Jordan Hicks, 16' QB Carson Wentz, FA S Malcolm Jenkins, RB Darren Sproles, RB Legarrette Blount & WR Alshon Jeffrey

Raiders

14' DE Khalil Mack, 14' QB Derek Carr, 14' OG Gabe Jackson, FA's WR Mike Crabtree, OC Rodney Hudson, OG Kelechi Osemele

Rams

14' DT Aaron Donald, 15' RB Todd Gurley, 16' QB Jared Goff, FA's OT Andrew Whitworth, HC Sean McVay

Seahawks

10' S Earl Thomas, 11' LB K.J. Wright, 11' CB Richard Sherman,  12' LB Bob Wagner, 12' QB Russell Wilson, FA's RB Marshayn Lynch,  WR Doug Baldwin

Bucs

14' WR Mike Evans, 15' QB Jameis Winston, 15' LB Kwon Alexander, FA CB Brent Grimes

Browns

15' DT Danny Shelton..?...16' S Derrick Kindred..? ...........?,...FA OG Kevin Zeitler

Archived