NFL General Discussion

candyman93

On 2/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Not like this, not like this.

Love my boy Sushi, but dont want him going to the dark side. 

Last time a former brown went to the ravens as an exec? NEWSOME. we dead.

Always remember this from the 2017 draft about Sushi

He took the bpa at 1, and no one is complaining-Myles Garrett (although it is the same draft that Pat Mahomes was in, and we didn't have a QB to speak of....but 8 other teams passed on him too...sooooooo...ok Sashi...i will give you a break

He traded out of the 12 spot, which ironically was used by Houston to draft....Deshawn Watson...hmmm..probably woulda been ok to stay there, and take him ourselves but.....instead we end up with Peppers at 25, who was pretty much garbage for us, and slightly above average, when traded to the Giants.

This is the one that gets me....you trade up to 29, and grab Njoku....looks like tarzan, plays like jane, when the very next pick by the Steelers at 30??????

TJ Watt the dpoy, over the guy we took at 1

I imagine sometimes what it would look like to have those 2 playing on the same team.......but sashi was good at the cap and stuff...so there's that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

He took the bpa at 1, and no one is complaining-Myles Garrett (although it is the same draft that Pat Mahomes was in, and we didn't have a QB to speak of....but 8 other teams passed on him too...sooooooo...ok Sashi...i will give you a break

He traded out of the 12 spot, which ironically was used by Houston to draft....Deshawn Watson...hmmm..probably woulda been ok to stay there, and take him ourselves but.....instead we end up with Peppers at 25, who was pretty much garbage for us, and slightly above average, when traded to the Giants.

This is the one that gets me....you trade up to 29, and grab Njoku....looks like tarzan, plays like jane, when the very next pick by the Steelers at 30??????

I imagine sometimes what it would look like to have those 2 playing on the same team.......but sashi was good at the cap and stuff...so there's that

Watt was a good player but I don't think you can say that you would have drafted him with Myles in round 1. Hindsight sure but at the time would you have really done that at that time?

PM is in the best position of any young QB to be drafted in years. KC had a starter in Smith, got one of the best offensive minds as a HC, had a GM who would take chances on character guys that ended up working out, and he got to sit for a year before playing a game. If he is drafted by the Browns he is year 1 starter, ends up getting 2 maybe 3 wins and probably has the same issues again with a new HC every few years. Kelce and Hill make PM look really good at times, he wouldn't have those guys here. I mean he has two of the best players in the NFL as his #1/#2 targets. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JDD said:

Watt was a good player but I don't think you can say that you would have drafted him with Myles in round 1. Hindsight sure but at the time would you have really done that at that time?

PM is in the best position of any young QB to be drafted in years. KC had a starter in Smith, got one of the best offensive minds as a HC, had a GM who would take chances on character guys that ended up working out, and he got to sit for a year before playing a game. If he is drafted by the Browns he is year 1 starter, ends up getting 2 maybe 3 wins and probably has the same issues again with a new HC every few years. Kelce and Hill make PM look really good at times, he wouldn't have those guys here. I mean he has two of the best players in the NFL as his #1/#2 targets. 

I can get with some of this...but not the part where you say that Pat M wouldn't be Pat M if he was here....I never subscribe to that argument, and think it's hors.s.it.  Great is great, and the cream always rises to the top.  If you said he came from a gimmicky system, and there were?'s....I might be able to get on board.  It is still the GM, and scouts responsibility to be able to identify talent, ESPECIALLY at that position.  Sashi was good at punting, even when there ended up being 2 very good options...yes i know..hindsight

Edited by big poppa pump

21 minutes ago, JDD said:

Yeah but if we would have just spent a 5th rounder on Tom Brady 65 years ago we would have been so good we wouldn't have had to draft either. Sure we had drafted Couch the year before but a 5th is a good spot for a backup/project guy. Just because Brady couldn't keep his job in college against a guy who sucked at multiple sports doesn't mean we shouldn't have drafted him.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah but if we would have just spent a 5th rounder on Tom Brady 65 years ago we would have been so good we wouldn't have had to draft either. Sure we had drafted Couch the year before but a 5th is a good spot for a backup/project guy. Just because Brady couldn't keep his job in college against a guy who sucked at multiple sports doesn't mean we shouldn't have drafted him.

tons of examples of this

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47bpmp1mjgh86w5djf8yg

Edited by big poppa pump
i mean not like its the gm's job to identify a qb when you don't have one, even when others pass on said qb's...that makes it all better i guess

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I am glad we didnt get watson. 

I wish we drafted TJ Watt at 30, I wanted him in my vague memories.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I am glad we didnt get watson. 

I wish we drafted TJ Watt at 30, I wanted him in my vague memories.

Yeah I really liked what I saw from Watt in college. Didn't think he'd ever be as good as his brother but he looked like he would be a very useful player.