NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Mayfield over Allen.

10% probably would have taken Allen over Mayfield (not me). After their rookie season that probably would have been 1%.

60% probably would have taken Darnold. 20% Rosen. 3% Lamar.

It was really Mayfield vs. Darnold the others were too much of wildcards to be picked #1 realistically.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. cut Landry

2. trade a 3rd and conditional pick that could be a 2nd in 23 to the Sainta for Michael thomas. We take on a lot of his salary. 

3. Resign Clowney 3 years 45 million

4. Resign Njoku

5. Draft the best DL at 13

6. Best wr at 45

Michael Thomas is too much of a risk for me to consider.

I'd rather go LT at 13 than DL.

This offense would look a lot different with 2 good pass blocking tackles no matter who is at QB or how injured he is.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Michael Thomas is too much of a risk for me to consider.

I'd rather go LT at 13 than DL.

This offense would look a lot different with 2 good pass blocking tackles no matter who is at QB or how injured he is.

For my mind I want good at tackle and great at wr. Maybe I am just reacting to the moment, I am not sure, but i think we need explosion on offense.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

For my mind I want good at tackle and great at wr. Maybe I am just reacting to the moment, I am not sure, but i think we need explosion on offense.

Oh it's certainly great to have explosive WRs that make plays like Chase and Kupp. We haven't really had one since Gordon. I just think that I'd personally rather have good pass blocking to allow plays to happen for any receiver even if they don't likely end up hitting a homerun. In a perfect world I'd like to have both.

I think we need to update our passing game in general though and if we do that well I think a lot of things will fix themselves. I would like a playmaker next to DPJ though. Someone a little more smooth and fluid but also quick/good route runner.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:36 PM, big poppa pump said:

I can get with some of this...but not the part where you say that Pat M wouldn't be Pat M if he was here....I never subscribe to that argument, and think it's hors.s.it.  Great is great, and the cream always rises to the top.  If you said he came from a gimmicky system, and there were?'s....I might be able to get on board.  It is still the GM, and scouts responsibility to be able to identify talent, ESPECIALLY at that position.  Sashi was good at punting, even when there ended up being 2 very good options...yes i know..hindsight

I don't think he would be a bum, but I don't think he would be the guy he is today with Hue, Freddy, then KS. The Chiefs are built around him perfectly. He has two top guys who get open in MvM and zone and he has a coach who let's him operate in a system that really fits his style. Out of the coaches we have had since he was drafted, would KS be the one who changes the offense?? 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah but if we would have just spent a 5th rounder on Tom Brady 65 years ago we would have been so good we wouldn't have had to draft either. Sure we had drafted Couch the year before but a 5th is a good spot for a backup/project guy. Just because Brady couldn't keep his job in college against a guy who sucked at multiple sports doesn't mean we shouldn't have drafted him.

Spergon Wynn at pick 183 though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDD said:

I don't think he would be a bum, but I don't think he would be the guy he is today with Hue, Freddy, then KS. The Chiefs are built around him perfectly. He has two top guys who get open in MvM and zone and he has a coach who let's him operate in a system that really fits his style. Out of the coaches we have had since he was drafted, would KS be the one who changes the offense?? 

There are certain QB's that will excel in any system....I don't need to get into who those guys are...but Mahomes is one of them.

6 hours ago, JDD said:

Mahomes has everything going for him in KC. Best TE in the nfl and a top wr in hill, along with an excellent coach. In addition the role players around him suit his skills too.

I think KS and Berry have conceptually done a good job building around Bakers skill set. Play action, role out, run game, tight ends, good receivers on paper. There has just been dumb luck, the bakers shoulder, bad luck, hooper dropping off, and we saw the worst  of obj as a player and a person.

On top of that there have been some coaching issues, baker should have been iced earlier for his own sake. 

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Stefansk, Woods, all of them say the right things...coachspeak.

Like: We want to put the player in the best positions to succeed.

But do they?

Woods got better at it as the season progressed.

Did Stefanski?

I do not think so.

What was Stefanski supposed to do with poor receivers, a struggling and injured QB, suspect OT play, and injuries to our running backs throughout the season? Not saying his play calling was perfect, but he didn't have much to work with.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

What was Stefanski supposed to do with poor receivers, a struggling and injured QB, suspect OT play, and injuries to our running backs throughout the season? Not saying his play calling was perfect, but he didn't have much to work with.

I'd start with not going 5 wide and exposing those tackles. Pass out of run formations. Even when we were down RBs the replacement RBs did well.

I know we couldn't just run all game but when you don't have receivers who can win 1 v 1 or tackles who can pass protect you put yourself in a bad situation especially with a QB who is hobbled and can't move well. The shoulder thing you had to just play through but the foot injury hurt mobility and poor pass pro from the outside made for some ugly plays and some gray skies before the ball was even snapped.