NFL General Discussion

candyman93

"I'm trying to answer that when I had a reaction to it. And it's like, 'Damn, I wish they hadn't guaranteed the whole contract,'" Bisciotti said Tuesday at the NFL league meetings. "I don't know that he should've been the first guy to get a fully guaranteed contract. To me, that's something that is groundbreaking, and it'll make negotiations harder with others."

This is the Ravens owner discussing Watsons contract and Lamar.

We just screwed them pretty bad in negotiations.

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Good. The nfl has been in the dark ages for too long when it comes to guaranteed contracts. Every other league guarantees almost every contract. The nfl is the one league where they absolutely should because of risk of injury. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Good. The nfl has been in the dark ages for too long when it comes to guaranteed contracts. Every other league guarantees almost every contract. The nfl is the one league where they absolutely should because of risk of injury. 

For me, I’m only giving guaranteed deals to the truly elite and QBs + offensive line, because those 2 are the least injured.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Lets hope we're not a cautionary tale of why you shouldn't do it.

Watson will count for 25% of our cap in 2023 so he has to work out.

Watson.Garrett, Cooper, Johnson, Chubb, Bitonio, Teller, Hill (voided), Conklin (voided) and Hooper (dead) will count for 83% of the cap in 2023. Lets see the magicians work their magic.

Edited by Thomas5737
Forgot Bitonio
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Watson.Garrett, Cooper, Johnson, Chubb, Teller, Hill (voided), Conklin (voided) and Hooper (dead) will count for 83% of the cap in 2023. Lets see the magicians work their magic.

they will add void years and restructure. 

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Watson.Garrett, Cooper, Johnson, Chubb, Teller, Hill (voided), Conklin (voided) and Hooper (dead) will count for 83% of the cap in 2023. Lets see the magicians work their magic.

In my personal opinion, Watsons ceiling is Aaron Rodgers.

So it’s my philosophical belief that a Rodgers caliber QB is worth 25% of your teams cap.

We need to give him better WR talent than what Green Bay did for Rodgers though. All he had was Adams.

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

In my personal opinion, Watsons ceiling is Aaron Rodgers.

So it’s my philosophical belief that a Rodgers caliber QB is worth 25% of your teams cap.

We need to give him better WR talent than what Green Bay did for Rodgers though. All he had was Adams.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NelsJo00.htm

Jordy Nelson had more 1250+ yard seasons (4) with Rodgers than Adams had 1000 yard seasons (3) with Rodgers.

Am I the only one who really liked what the Saints did in that trade with Philly?

They have a very strong roster. So they can add a rookie QB and compete within that rookies contract window.

They’re too good to tank next year, but they need Kenny Pickett or Matt Coral.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Am I the only one who really liked what the Saints did in that trade with Philly?

They have a very strong roster. So they can add a rookie QB and compete within that rookies contract window.

They’re too good to tank next year, but they need Kenny Pickett or Matt Coral.

I guess my only real hesitation is that it felt like this could have been a draft day trade once they were certain that the prospect(s) they like would be available.