NFL General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Correct

Watson and Baker are too dumb to see anything presnap and side protection. That’s basically the entire point of the clip.

Yet both have clearly better careers going aside from the one SB run Flacco had.

They are all flawed but Flacco is the least likely to be able to have sustained success in a full season. Not saying that I don't wish he was our starter heading into the season but realistically Watson is the better QB, he's just gross.

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yet both have clearly better careers going aside from the one SB run Flacco had.

They are all flawed but Flacco is the least likely to be able to have sustained success in a full season. Not saying that I don't wish he was our starter heading into the season but realistically Watson is the better QB, he's just gross.

Yeah, uh, Baker isn’t close to being anywhere near the career Flacco has had. 

Posted (edited)

I feel like fans in general don’t truly understand how much spread offenses completely dumbed down QBs

Like I get it, Urban Meyer started this when he saw the incredible flaws in the college game and took advantage of it. However, my God did his system have consequences on the sport as a whole.

Edited by candyman93

21 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Correct

Watson and Baker are too dumb to see anything presnap and side protection. That’s basically the entire point of the clip.

It took awhile, but defenses having finally caught up. We’re seeing it with points dropping. Even Kansas City is a defensive team that also has Mahomes.

QBs better learn to actually be a QB.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It took awhile, but defenses having finally caught up. We’re seeing it with points dropping. Even Kansas City is a defensive team that also has Mahomes.

QBs better learn to actually be a QB.

I applaud defensive coordinators for going 2 high and daring teams to beat them with 5-8 yards all the way down the field as opposed to giving up cheap long scores.

• 2 weeks later...

You saw Michigan take advantage of it in college football.

However, I’m wondering if NFL teams have kinda screwed up going small at LB and playing primarily cover 2.

Baltimore, San Francisco, and Detroit are very run heavy.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Kyler Murray is ahead of Watson too.

I don’t know what’s up with Stafford and Prescott, but pretty soon Watson will be out of the top 15 for pay. So he will be technically paid “what he’s worth.” 

The draft capital given up has always been the worst thing about the trade. The money was whatever and I knew that’d eventually balance out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Kyler Murray is ahead of Watson too.

I don’t know what’s up with Stafford and Prescott, but pretty soon Watson will be out of the top 15 for pay. So he will be technically paid “what he’s worth.” 

The draft capital given up has always been the worst thing about the trade. The money was whatever and I knew that’d eventually balance out.

It’s the “no outs” with the guaranteed money with dead cap hit that’s unavoidable too. Those other teams at least have outs. We are stuck for another 3 years minimum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It’s the “no outs” with the guaranteed money with dead cap hit that’s unavoidable too. Those other teams at least have outs. We are stuck for another 3 years minimum.

Those “outs” are your GM getting fired

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Not exactly a hard sell for me. Berry is garbage.

We have a top 3-5 roster in the sport outside of the QB position, a move that has "ownership directed" fingerprints all over it, what are you talking about? Like, a "Berry is fine, we need elite!" take I wouldn't agree with but I'd get. Berry is bad seems like a ludicrous take when you look at the rosters of the truly terrible teams in the league compared to ours.

7 minutes ago, FGK said:

We have a top 3-5 roster in the sport outside of the QB position, a move that has "ownership directed" fingerprints all over it, what are you talking about? Like, a "Berry is fine, we need elite!" take I wouldn't agree with but I'd get. Berry is bad seems like a ludicrous take when you look at the rosters of the truly terrible teams in the league compared to ours.

What’s he done to build the core? He inherited most of it, is a mediocre draft guy, and is mortgaging everything after making to date the literal worst trade in NFL history.