NFL General Discussion

candyman93

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I get it though, politics are toxic.

80% of people don't think for themselves. They pick a side and agree with 100% of what that side "believes." 

For better or worse the system needs kicked in the teeth. Elect someone from neither party and maybe the hate will fade and people will become more independent thinkers. 

At this point the system is beyond saving imo. It’s a race to the bottom.  “Elect us or they get in office” is literally all we’re offered being by either side this November.

A third party option is a non starter as they’re going to skew to one side of the aisle or the other and essentially just split the vote for that party and allow “the other guy” to get in.    And this is exactly what both major parties want tbh.  If we had multiple additional parties then the power and influence of each current party diminishes tremendously.

Also, there are too many issues that are simply nonnegotiable for too many people.  I think most folks can perhaps agree that we need to do something better with healthcare, retirement, taxing the billionaires, etc., but things like abortions, guns, etc are simply points people won’t debate or give a little on in most instances.

And sure, it would be nice if politicians could just agree to disagree on what can’t be hammered out and deal with what could, but when you do that now both parties start to look more reasonable and the “but if they get elected they’re going to….” fear mongering loses its juice and as I said, right now that’s all either have going for them.

Too many people are completely rational until you get to a political hot topic and then they become garbage thinkers. 

I think most irrational people are always irrational, they’re just not challenged to defend their positions most of the time and when they are they struggle to do so and they become more demonstrably irrational.

See, that is an example of why Webby is right and you all are wrong.

giphy.gif 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

mike’s work week is measured in presidential cycles.

Taking draft off in Cleveland 

question how far does browny run when I come to Cleveland perhaps you know him 

better than I do

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

happier then a pig rolling around in the mud puddle. 
first day off in a week. bowl of warm chili by my fake fireplace. 

hi nate

your in good voice today 

worked only 17 hours today

just had time to do dush hunting 

5 huh

Edited by Bonanza23
Omittion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Taking draft off in Cleveland 

question how far does browny run when I come to Cleveland perhaps you know him 

better than I do

Mikey I have it on good authority that browny ran all the way to Parma to a pink flamingo shop to make a very important purchase. 

Yes, pink flamingos. And of course white knee high socks. 
3 pierogies. 

• Like 1

Btw I really enjoyed that superb owl yesterday. Didn’t have a rooting interest. Just wanted a good game. People bitched and moaned about the lack of scoring. People bitched and moaned about the political nonsense with Swifties and Kielce s zz. But if you could break it down to just a game, it was danged enjoyable. These cats were just out there battling the best they could. If you looked at the trenches, boys were out the giving there best. You know what?  I got a good game. And I loved it. I enjoyed the half time show. Overall a really fun night. And also pissed it’s the last game of the year. 

Oh yeah, a healthy Browns team this year competes with either of these teams. I’m convinced of that. (Assuming of course a good Watson). Uhh huh

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

hi nate

your in good voice today 

worked only 17 hours today

just had time to do dush hunting 

5 huh

Nice 

adding 3 excellent wideouts to Kansas City 

scares me to know end.

13 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Btw I really enjoyed that superb owl yesterday. Didn’t have a rooting interest. Just wanted a good game. People bitched and moaned about the lack of scoring. People bitched and moaned about the political nonsense with Swifties and Kielce s zz. But if you could break it down to just a game, it was danged enjoyable. These cats were just out there battling the best they could. If you looked at the trenches, boys were out the giving there best. You know what?  I got a good game. And I loved it. I enjoyed the half time show. Overall a really fun night. And also pissed it’s the last game of the year. 

Oh yeah, a healthy Browns team this year competes with either of these teams. I’m convinced of that. (Assuming of course a good Watson). Uhh huh

Huh

• Like 1