NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m absolutely loving the boomer rage over Taylor. Happy for them. 

As a boomer (Gen X actually), I have to ask what the rage is all about? Not in the States so don't see much of it. 

Edited by pscottdai

6 hours ago, pscottdai said:

As a boomer (Gen X actually), I have to ask what the rage is all about? Not in the States so don't see much of it. 

Olds are pissed that the broadcasts show her for a few seconds per game like celebrities being featured on a sports broadcast is a new thing.

Chuds hate her and Kelce because she encouraged people to vote for Biden and he did an ad for Covid vaccines/Pfizer so the “freeze peach/anti-cancel culture crowd” unsurprisingly wants to cancel them.

I care less about the T-Swift shots then that Im fatigued by the Mahomes/Kelce clan in general. Purdy is a guy that’s just easier to root for than Mahomes. We have seen these guys colors come out when things aren’t going their way. Easy example was some of the outbursts you have seen by Travis Kelce or Mahomes vs. Buffalo. Credit given though, they have a clutch quarterback and a fantastic defense, and they earned the championship with some road wins and coming back again against San Francisco. Swift doesn’t bother me on an individual level. Good for her being able to go to all these games, she is a billionaire. The NFL just uses all the shots for their financial advantage, can’t really knock it.  Jackson Mahomes is probably the cringiest dude on the planet though so there is definitely just a recipe for the Chief being the perfect modern day heel all around. 

The Kelce thing last night was a little ridiculous though. I get the frustration, but he is on a national stage and every kid is watching. Whatever, you can call me a boomer, but I think it’s a sad example for the kids and what they are aspiring to become. And for the fan girls of Taylor who know Travis now as her boyfriend I guess.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Fred Warner is dominating Travis Kelce

True but the amount of attention kelce got opened up a lot of things for others. Felt like early on they wanted to go through kelce and it’s why the offense struggle because the 9th were taking him out but when they kinda started using kelce as a decoy and using him to open up others, KCs offense started to get going. I thought kelce was going to house that late catch he had. Looked like he was shot out of the canon after her caught that. I want to say I saw a tweet that stated on that play, that Kelce reached a career high in speed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Great super bowl

mahomes is by far the best nfl player I’ve ever seen 

One of the better superbowls. He wasn’t going to be stopped once he got that ball in OT. 49ers messed up settling for a FG. 

I thought the halftime show was pretty good as well

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Olds are pissed that the broadcasts show her for a few seconds per game like celebrities being featured on a sports broadcast is a new thing.

Chuds hate her and Kelce because she encouraged people to vote for Biden and he did an ad for Covid vaccines/Pfizer so the “freeze peach/anti-cancel culture crowd” unsurprisingly wants to cancel them.

There’s a third group. Those who think celebrities are annoying and just want to watch the game without having pop culture rammed down our throats with nonsensical ESPN headlines and alerts about Taylor Swift arriving and discussions on who she will be sitting next to.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't like Mr. Pfizer shilling for Big Pharma, but that doesn't mean I want him "cancelled" - I'll just say I think it's lame of him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

There’s a third group. Those who think celebrities are annoying and just want to watch the game without having pop culture rammed down our throats with nonsensical ESPN headlines and alerts about Taylor Swift arriving and discussions on who she will be sitting next to.

This isn’t new.  Jack Nicholson at Lakers games, Spike Lee, etc, celebrities have always been at sporting events. 

You know you can not watch ESPN’s garbage programming and turn off alerts, right?  If you’re allowing Taylor Swift updates to impact your life it’s by choice. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I don't like Mr. Pfizer shilling for Big Pharma, but that doesn't mean I want him "cancelled" - I'll just say I think it's lame of him.

Which of these mega corporations that athletes shill for do you think is better and is not the same leech on society?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which of these mega corporations that athletes shill for do you think is better and is not the same leech on society?

I think any celebrity or athlete shilling for any poisonous big corporation is lame.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I think any celebrity or athlete shilling for any poisonous big corporation is lame.

Don’t cheat and Google it, but name 3 other celebrities who shill for a pharmaceutical company.  I’d bet most people who are big mad at Kelce couldn’t. 

Does this mean say Coca Cola too?  I’d argue “the diabeetus” is a bigger concern to overall health than any vaccine, but no one seems to mind folks shilling for them.  I’ve never heard anyone mention it here anyway.  Same for fast food, etc.

I guess my point, if it isn’t clear enough already, is that people aren’t really all that concerned with people shilling or whatever else, it’s this particular dude because of this particular thing they have feelings about.  

Not really sure why we’re beating around the bush here tbh…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does this mean say Coca Cola too?  I’d argue “the diabeetus” is a bigger concern to overall health than any vaccine, but no one seems to mind folks shilling for them.  I’ve never heard anyone mention it here anyway.  Same for fast food, etc.

dont stop there, what about alcohol/Beer? 

but yeah that thing that saves lives, where a majority of the crap that is pushed does more harm than good... 

• Like 2