NFL General Discussion

candyman93

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t cheat and Google it, but name 3 other celebrities who shill for a pharmaceutical company.  I’d bet most people who are big mad at Kelce couldn’t. 

Does this mean say Coca Cola too?  I’d argue “the diabeetus” is a bigger concern to overall health than any vaccine, but no one seems to mind folks shilling for them.  I’ve never heard anyone mention it here anyway.  Same for fast food, etc.

I guess my point, if it isn’t clear enough already, is that people aren’t really all that concerned with people shilling or whatever else, it’s this particular dude because of this particular thing they have feelings about.  

Not really sure why we’re beating around the bush here tbh…

34 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think any celebrity or athlete shilling for any poisonous big corporation is lame.

Yes.

And I'm not strictly talking about vaccines. I specifically said big pharma, no matter what drug they're pushing.

Weird, so many people are anti big pharma companies except Pfizer.

If people want to put stock into what celebrities think, have at it. Most are worthless non contributing members of society outside of entertainment.

If that means endorsing a dude who couldn’t remember his vice president terms or the death of his son, that’s her choice.

If that means endorsing another will be octogenarian billionaire who is running against him, also her choice.

Kelce endorsing a vaccine or double vaccine IMO is a medical decision left for doctors and other experts, but I also firmly am against any Pharma advertising, as is literally the rest of the western world. It’s different than endorsing diabetes causing foods.

If I eat a Big Mac and wash it down with Coke, it’ll hit me like a tranquilizer, not really doing any damage because I eat one every 5 years. If someone obese does it, yeah sure, bad idea.

If someone out there I’d advised to get a vaccine that might not be a good idea with a preexisting condition, that’s totally different IMO.

Sure personal responsibility has to kick in at some point.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yes.

And I'm not strictly talking about vaccines. I specifically said big pharma, no matter what drug they're pushing.

Weird, so many people are anti big pharma companies except Pfizer.

I think pharmaceutical companies are tricky.  My wife used to work for one, I saw some of the shady stuff they did and the whole idea of for profit healthcare is objectionable to me.  

That said, being anti pharmaceutical is a luxury for young and/or healthy people.  Someday each and every one of us will be faced with the option of taking meds produced or developed by one of these companies or likely dying younger than necessary or having a notably worse quality of life.

In general I think we should embrace science and appreciate how far we’ve come from a pharmaceutical standpoint while also making sure to keep ourselves aware of the potential benefits AND risks of anything we take.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If people want to put stock into what celebrities think, have at it. Most are worthless non contributing members of society outside of entertainment.

If that means endorsing a dude who couldn’t remember his vice president terms or the death of his son, that’s her choice.

If that means endorsing another will be octogenarian billionaire who is running against him, also her choice.

We’ve got some excellent options, I agree lol 

Kelce endorsing a vaccine or double vaccine IMO is a medical decision left for doctors and other experts,

I don’t disagree, but many of the people who hate on Kelce for his ad campaign also won’t listen to doctors and experts either just as a point of fact. 

but I also firmly am against any Pharma advertising, as is literally the rest of the western world.

I mean, yes.  I think it’s dumb and people who have no clue what they’re talking about are being “sold” medications because of a jingle (to some degree).

It’s different than endorsing diabetes causing foods.

Yes and no.  At least with meds there’s some level of gatekeeping.  An expert has to determine you could potentially benefit from that med and order it and your insurance company has to agree if you want them to pay for it.  Any idiot can go eat a double whopper twice daily indefinitely.

If I eat a Big Mac and wash it down with Coke, it’ll hit me like a tranquilizer, not really doing any damage because I eat one every 5 years. If someone obese does it, yeah sure, bad idea.

Not regularly treating yourself to an egg McMuffin isn’t a flex sir, it’s masochism.

If someone out there I’d advised to get a vaccine that might not be a good idea with a preexisting condition, that’s totally different IMO.

Sure personal responsibility has to kick in at some point.

I believe the ad specifically mentions to talk to your healthcare provider about them.  It’s not something one can self administer.  At least there are SOME guardrails in place vs the liquid diabetes we call soda.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think pharmaceutical companies are tricky.  My wife used to work for one, I saw some of the shady stuff they did and the whole idea of for profit healthcare is objectionable to me.  

That said, being anti pharmaceutical is a luxury for young and/or healthy people.  Someday each and every one of us will be faced with the option of taking meds produced or developed by one of these companies or likely dying younger than necessary or having a notably worse quality of life.

In general I think we should embrace science and appreciate how far we’ve come from a pharmaceutical standpoint while also making sure to keep ourselves aware of the potential benefits AND risks of anything we take.

I'm not saying all pharmaceutical companies are bad by any means. There's some that are doing really important things. And I'm not even saying all of the big ones have never done anything good for the world, but companies like Pfizer have a long history of doing some really shady ****.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

These discussions about politics are more polite than discussions about the sex pest or Baker to be fair.

And no one is advocating hunting Dutch either.

Yeah, the censorship around here is extreme and personally I don’t mind conversations that have a degree of thought at least. We can either talk about relevant things or we can talk for the next eight months about basically nothing since there’s nothing going on in the football world outside of when free agency and draft hit.

Fought over my boys close this morning after some video game Dutch hunting.

• Like 2

IMO this place has maybe 2-3 more years of existence under current regime and philosophy. There is too much worth talking about in the world that we are not allowed to and when off-season mode is dead around here at some point, eventually people aren’t going to come back for the season since they have found another place to talk.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, the censorship around here is extreme and personally I don’t mind conversations that have a degree of thought at least. We can either talk about relevant things or we can talk for the next eight months about basically nothing since there’s nothing going on in the football world outside of when free agency and draft hit.

Fought over my boys close this morning after some video game Dutch hunting.

It made sense when the forum was much larger and new people were posting regularly.  We haven’t had a new poster here in years, it’s the same dozen or so dudes.

49 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

IMO this place has maybe 2-3 more years of existence under current regime and philosophy. There is too much worth talking about in the world that we are not allowed to and when off-season mode is dead around here at some point, eventually people aren’t going to come back for the season since they have found another place to talk.

Yeah the idea of “we can’t allow politics, etc because people won’t behave” thing is absurd. Like, the rest of the internet has figured it out.

we have the option to either stay on topic or post elsewhere and most people choose to post elsewhere.  Some of us stick around out of habit and half of those folks discuss that crap anyway until things are shut down and them it’s back to like 2 posts a day about nonsense for much of the off-season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Hi Nate how have you been 17 hr day for me.

glad to see kc won.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah the idea of “we can’t allow politics, etc because people won’t behave” thing is absurd. Like, the rest of the internet has figured it out.

I get it though, politics are toxic.

80% of people don't think for themselves. They pick a side and agree with 100% of what that side "believes." 

For better or worse the system needs kicked in the teeth. Elect someone from neither party and maybe the hate will fade and people will become more independent thinkers. 

Too many people are completely rational until you get to a political hot topic and then they become garbage thinkers. 

See, that is an example of why Webby is right and you all are wrong.

• Like 1