College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

10 minutes ago, FGK said:

To support this point:

So PFF graded about 4 WR's per team. Higgins/Schwartz ranked as mid-low #4s and DPJ/Landry as mid-low #3s. That sounds about right to me. So, if you bring in a legit WR 1 and WR 2, we still only have an average WR room. If you bring in a WR 1 and WR 3, we're below average.

All of this is absolutely a FACT.

It's also a fact that Baker threw the 2nd most uncatchable passes in the NFL, which is alarming, especially given the significantly less amount of passes he threw this year.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's also a fact that Baker threw the 2nd most uncatchable passes in the NFL, which is alarming, especially given the significantly less amount of passes he threw this year.

Yeah, I'm not saying we don't ALSO need a bounce back year from Baker or a QB upgrade. We 100% do. I'm just talking draft/FA strategy because I don't see a QB that I am confident gives us an immediate upgrade in either the draft or FA, and the trade candidates seem unlikely to me.

4 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I'm not saying we don't ALSO need a bounce back year from Baker or a QB upgrade. We 100% do. I'm just talking draft/FA strategy because I don't see a QB that I am confident gives us an immediate upgrade in either the draft or FA, and the trade candidates seem unlikely to me.

If we don’t completely overhaul that unit with 2 new faces in our top 3, at least one of whom needs to be a veteran and another a high draft pick or capable veteran, we have failed.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FGK said:

To support this point:

So PFF graded about 4 WR's per team. Higgins/Schwartz ranked as mid-low #4s and DPJ/Landry as mid-low #3s. That sounds about right to me. So, if you bring in a legit WR 1 and WR 2, we still only have an average WR room. If you bring in a WR 1 and WR 3, we're below average.

While I agree we need a notable infusion of talent, I do think a legit number 1 goes a long way in helping DPJ and Juice (if he’s here) elevate their play.

I think against lesser quality corners/defenders and less safety help (as teams will roll coverages) those guys could show more.

I agree we need a one and a two, but with that DPJ could be a solid 3 (especially with another year of development). Schwartz and Felton could improve a lot too year 1-2, but that’s almost necessary to maintain a roster spot, especially with Schwartz as he was awful. I see no place for Higgins at this point.

It’s just too much to ask any of those guys to be a 1/2 right now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we don’t completely overhaul that unit with 2 new faces in our top 3, at least one of whom needs to be a veteran and another a high draft pick or capable veteran, we have failed.

100%.  As much as folks want to double dip in the draft (and I’m not opposed to it per se), we need a day 1 starter with NFL experience who can help develop the younger guys.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

100%.  As much as folks want to double dip in the draft (and I’m not opposed to it per se), we need a day 1 starter with NFL experience who can help develop the younger guys.

Chark or Allen Robinson (or if Gallup is healthy) with Burks or Wilson and DPJ as your 2/3 is a nice trio with some X factor potential from Schwartz.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He averages 10 wins a year a level reached only twice in 20 year period 

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Could Jameson William drop to the 2nd with the ACL tear?  Draft Wilson rd 1 Willams Rd 2....problem solved

He won't be ready to play until November, so it might be a good fix for future years, but not year one. And some team with a great roster will pick him up late first round anyway.

21 minutes ago, FGK said:

He won't be ready to play until November, so it might be a good fix for future years, but not year one. And some team with a great roster will pick him up late first round anyway.

Kansas City or Tampa Bay bound confirmed

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FGK said:

To be honest when they cut Landry this team is headed for the seller.

We won 12 games with Obj and Landry now we have neither one.

the idea that we are trying to win now with 1st year wide receivers and some Way overpriced used up vet 

think again.

This team beat Baltimore in both head to head plus standings while some people were predicting that

Baltimore would go to the Super bowl.

Defense we already have a excellent defense just build on it then beat the living crap out of every QB.

if you go WR round 1and 2 who is you right tackle against Baltimore and Pittsburgh should we just ask them to play nice.

oh yeah I forgot Tampa and New Orleans should we ask them to be nice.

The solution this maybe the best edge class in 10 years draft BPABritains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global then when a wide receiver gives you excellent value then draft him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While I agree we need a notable infusion of talent, I do think a legit number 1 goes a long way in helping DPJ and Juice (if he’s here) elevate their play.

I think against lesser quality corners/defenders and less safety help (as teams will roll coverages) those guys could show more.

I agree we need a one and a two, but with that DPJ could be a solid 3 (especially with another year of development). Schwartz and Felton could improve a lot too year 1-2, but that’s almost necessary to maintain a roster spot, especially with Schwartz as he was awful. I see no place for Higgins at this point.

It’s just too much to ask any of those guys to be a 1/2 right now.

recycled road kill

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Could Jameson William drop to the 2nd with the ACL tear?  Draft Wilson rd 1 Willams Rd 2....problem solved

HE will go late 1, probably wouldnt get past the Ravens even, who will only get bad Wrs in FA or from the draft. 

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Id bring in a high upside reclamation project on top of that for competition purposes on top of that.