College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

On 3/4/2022 at 7:41 AM, MWil23 said:

I'm excited for my dude Alec Pierce from UC. He balled out and showed massive capability all year on tape, and to see him hit that 6'3 threshhold with a sub 4.4 40 and a 41" vert is truly great for him.

That Watson kid just made a LOOOOOOOOOT of money yesterday.

Absolute stud

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Jarvis Landry and 205 lbs ran a 4.77. Jordan Davis at 340 is as fast as Jarvis 

I’ve been on the front lines for receiver first round

but if we didn’t go that direction I’ve been a fan of Davis from the start. I think I’d rather go that route and add a dominate presence in the middle. 

im still receiver first round. But I think I’d take Davis over a edge rusher. He’s just such a problem against the run and can really push that pocket. 

but I’d have to watch more fill to be sure. I’m still 100% receiver first round right now. 

Another guy with speed I like in Jones JR

We've got to come out of this draft with at least 2 receivers. I really think we need 3, possibly even 4. I honestly think if we drafted 4 WRs that Schwartz wouldn't make the roster. I think there are guys that'll be there 4-5 round that could knock Schwartz out. 

I never loved Schwartz tape coming out. He never showed the ability to run routes or beat coverage. 

This draft has some actual receivers with game and speed. I could really see use using our first rounder, both thirds, and a later pick at receivers. Theres going to be 2nd round WR talent in the third round. Can't everybody go in the first 2 rounds. 

Multiple players of George Pickens, David Bell, Calvin Austin, John Metchie, Wan'Dale Robinson, Christian Watson, Justyn Ross will be there in the 3rd. Any other year all those guys would be projected to go in the 2nd round. 

I want 3 guys out of this draft. Schwartz has to actually fight for his spot. I hope he develops, but I honestly just don't see him being more than a gadget player, and unless hes returning punts and kicks which he's not I think we've got to bring in more competition. 

Edited by brownie man

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When Jordan Davis was born the doctor looked at his parents and told them “it’s a man”.

He’s already an urban legend. 

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, and don’t think I forgot about Walker.  Tell me more about “maybe in R2” lol.

That mFer might not make it to 13.

You could give me any of those 3 dudes. Wyatt is a stud too. Walker is my DE#2 this draft and I’d listen to an argument for him as my #1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He’s already an urban legend. 

You could give me any of those 3 dudes. Wyatt is a stud too. Walker is my DE#2 this draft and I’d listen to an argument for him as my #1.

I’ll be honest, I might be able to be convinced to trade down tbh.  There looks like 2-3 DTs, 4-5 DEs, and 3-4 WRs that I’d be cool with.  Not a huge trade down necessarily, but it would be nice to grab another day 2 pick somehow.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
I’m sure everyone is shocked by my willingness to trade down.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll be honest, I might be able to be convinced to trade down tbh.  There looks like 2-3 DTs, 4-5 DEs, and 3-4 WRs that I’d be cool with.  Not a huge trade down necessarily, but it would be nice to grab another day 2 pick somehow.

I’d love to grab about one of 4-5 DT and 2 of the top 10 WR, while stockpiling a war chest for a quarterback in 2023 if Baker isn’t it. Grab a free agent WR and draft 2, grab a free agent DT and draft one, and draft a stud DE wary R2 or late R1. Lots of depth at those positions this year.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d love to grab about one of 4-5 DT and 2 of the top 10 WR, while stockpiling a war chest for a quarterback in 2023 if Baker isn’t it. Grab a free agent WR and draft 2, grab a free agent DT and draft one, and draft a stud DE wary R2 or late R1. Lots of depth at those positions this year.

I’d personally aim for retaining Clowney, signing a starting caliber FA WR, drafting a stud DL R1 and then a WR R2.

If we could do that with a small trade down and snag another R2-3 pick I’d be thrilled.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d personally aim for retaining Clowney, signing a starting caliber FA WR, drafting a stud DL R1 and then a WR R2.

If we could do that with a small trade down and snag another R2-3 pick I’d be thrilled.

There are about 5-6 DE I would take and about 10 WR with a clear Top 3 (Wilson, Burks, Olave), followed by another tier I think could be legit in Williams, London, Dotson, Watson, and Pierce, followed by dudes who could be legit with medical reasons like Metchie, Ross, and one more I’m forgetting.

• Like 1