College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jack Sawyer only has 7.5 sacks in 2 years.

I refuse to believe it’s because all of these guys were overrated.

Sure, but he’s got some time to develop and put up numbers.  Harrison never did.

Harrison had 3.5 sacks as a freshman and that was his most productive season (as far as sacks go anyway) and that was in 2 less games.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
Looked at the wrong numbers

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So like, what’s the issue?

Good motor, elite size, assumably good athleticism…. 💩 production  

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

No idea

It’s why I don’t understand how JT Tuimoloau only has 6 career sacks in 2 years. There’s something going on with OSU’s coaching.

It's basically very similar to issues I have with the Browns. There's really no emphasis on disrupting the LOS or doing anything to create creative blitzing looks from linebackers. Under Fickell and Hafley, that was the norm. Coombs isn't a natural DC and is a DB guy and Knowles doesn't believe in blitzing and in my opinion is the most overrated DC ever (I've had that opinion for a while now).

Zero creativity in the Front 7, zero emphasis on disruption, etc.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's basically very similar to issues I have with the Browns. There's really no emphasis on disrupting the LOS or doing anything to create creative blitzing looks from linebackers. Under Fickell and Hafley, that was the norm. Coombs isn't a natural DC and is a DB guy and Knowles doesn't believe in blitzing and in my opinion is the most overrated DC ever (I've had that opinion for a while now).

Zero creativity in the Front 7, zero emphasis on disruption, etc.

Even with that these guys are so talented that should take over at some point, even if it’s just racking up BS numbers vs Our Lady of The Poor or Directional State University 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even with that these guys are so talented that should take over at some point, even if it’s just racking up BS numbers vs Our Lady of The Poor or Directional State University 

If you notice, usually the DE rarely if ever utilize any type of an inside move or a stunt. It's essentially an EDGE rush or a bull rush. I 100% understand the desire to remain/keep gap integrity, but at some point, utilizing a nickelback blitz, interior twist/stunt with an EDGE swap, or an inside LB blitz is an easy mixer.

I LOVE L.J. Jr, but at some point, maybe all of us need to take a step back and realize that Fickell, Vrabel, and Hafley ran a great scheme, and that it's drastically changed in the last 3-4 years, and not for the better.

People can't continually say that these 5 star dudes in the Front 7 are the problem if/when they don't get developed.

JMHO

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you notice, usually the DE rarely if ever utilize any type of an inside move or a stunt. It's essentially an EDGE rush or a bull rush. I 100% understand the desire to remain/keep gap integrity, but at some point, utilizing a nickelback blitz, interior twist/stunt with an EDGE swap, or an inside LB blitz is an easy mixer.

I LOVE L.J. Jr, but at some point, maybe all of us need to take a step back and realize that Fickell, Vrabel, and Hafley ran a great scheme, and that it's drastically changed in the last 3-4 years, and not for the better.

People can't continually say that these 5 star dudes in the Front 7 are the problem if/when they don't get developed.

JMHO

Fair points 

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

JSN in the 2nd anyone?

I’ve gotta be honest, no

If he misses an entire season due to a hamstring injury it makes me wonder how much time he’d miss playing a 17 game schedule.

I’m tired of injury prone guys.

Edited by candyman93

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, if he plays an 8-10 year career, who cares?

If you miss 12 weeks because of a hammy I’ve got serious questions. Are you going to miss an entire season if you get a high ankle sprain…? Are you going to pull a Michael Thomas one year?

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you miss 12 weeks because of a hammy I’ve got serious questions. Are you going to miss an entire season if you get a high ankle sprain…? Are you going to pull a Michael Thomas one year?

I think was more of an isolated situation than anything.  I'm not sure what Michael Thomas has to do with JSN?