College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hahahaha I knew it. These losers never fail to amaze me. 

It’s crazy how soft Ohio teams are.

Browns and Buckeyes both don’t want to tackle or play run D.

The Cavs bigs are softer than baby ****.

At least the guardians scrap and play tough. They just don’t have power.

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There’s zero chance he’s gonna leave the nfl to come to OSU. Maybe if he sucked…

Weird I said the exact same thing as you.  Plus I don’t think he’s a CFB coach. He fits the NFL more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDD said:

Weird I said the exact same thing as you.  Plus I don’t think he’s a CFB coach. He fits the NFL more

I think he’d fit just fine.  I think good pro coaches would be fine in college, but not the other way. College is also a 365 day a year job with recruiting.

He’s doing some of the finest coaching in the league based on talent and outcomes, he’s not leaving that to go coach college.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he’d fit just fine.  I think good pro coaches would be fine in college, but not the other way. College is also a 365 day a year job with recruiting.

He’s doing some of the finest coaching in the league based on talent and outcomes, he’s not leaving that to go coach college.

I just don’t see him not being a meathead. So during recruiting I don’t know if he is going to keep the level up like Day has. 

Buckeyes need to hit the portal a bit more. Also start over recruiting like the SEC does. That B1G rule is dumb. Tenn UGA Bama LSU all get to essentially have 5 classes in 4 years where B1G doesn’t allow it. Hence the total scores for the yearly recruiting. 

I also don’t want to hear about how Day can’t let that happen. Tress and Urban never saw back to back top 3 teams in the game. These aren’t 7-4 UM teams the last two years. The fact that they haven’t won back to back since 2000 is a stat you read when they play Indiana 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m starting to lean this way as well. The freshmen are not learning fast enough.

And they do recruit so well they are losing top players after starting for 2 years since they don’t start their freshman year they play for 2 years. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve come off the ledge of demanding another receiver. Njoku has really stepped up this year. Berry needs to focus primarily on the front 7. Some guys I like:

I think Watson may also be able to get more out of Schwartz (if used similarly to Will Fuller) and the space created could make some room for Bell to work the middle of the field.

I’d still like to add someone at someone point in the draft, but it doesn’t have to be a high pick necessarily.