candyman93

Lol so fun fact on Jordan Addison.

Addison through 6 games in 2021: 34 rec, 586 yards, 9 TDS 

Vs.

Marvin Harrison Jr through 6 games in 2022: 31 rec, 536 yards, 9 TDs 

Emeka Egbuka through 6 games in 2022: 35 rec, 655 yards, 6 TDs, 49 rushing 1 TD

Edited by candyman93

On 10/10/2022 at 9:57 AM, candyman93 said:

Just blows my mind how many good WRs are in this class. You’d think last years class would have drained the talent pool from this year, but it didn’t.

Therefore I predict we'll draft another DB with our top pick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:
On 10/10/2022 at 9:57 AM, candyman93 said:

Just blows my mind how many good WRs are in this class. You’d think last years class would have drained the talent pool from this year, but it didn’t.

It's not going to stop anytime soon, this is a product of the 7 on 7 era.

100% THIS.

Speaking as a HS/Former HS coach, the kids who used to fight over/run to play RB are now slot WR. The kids who used to be dominant DBs are now running to play WR.

Your best/most well rounded athlete who can throw is now playing QB starting at age 12.

It's similar to the "Point Forward" era in the NBA with all of these talented bigs who are ball handlers. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It's not going to stop anytime soon, this is a product of the 7 on 7 era.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

100% THIS.

Speaking as a HS/Former HS coach, the kids who used to fight over/run to play RB are now slot WR. The kids who used to be dominant DBs are now running to play WR.

Your best/most well rounded athlete who can throw is now playing QB starting at age 12.

It's similar to the "Point Forward" era in the NBA with all of these talented bigs who are ball handlers. 

Which makes the half full bag of *******s we have at WR even more frustrating lol

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which makes the half full bag of *******s we have at WR even more frustrating lol

It's why when Ray Farmer and company openly pounded the analytics drum and proudly thumbed their noses at not valuing WR I wanted him gone then and there. Then he parlayed it by taking a 2 down run stuffer DT who looks like Gilbert Brown/Tony Siragusa in a bygone era and a swing OL in the first round...yeah, great "analytics" there guys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's why when Ray Farmer and company openly pounded the analytics drum and proudly thumbed their noses at not valuing WR I wanted him gone then and there.

I don’t think analytics and investing in WR are mutually exclusive, I just think it excluded burning high picks on them.  I do still think it’s perfectly fine and should be easy enough to find capable players R2/3.

That said, maybe Berry needs to hand off WR duties to someone else. Every GM has strengths and weaknesses and I don’t love his assessments of pass catchers thus far.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Then he parlayed it by taking a 2 down run stuffer DT who looks like Gilbert Brown/Tony Siragusa in a bygone era and a swing OL in the first round...yeah, great "analytics" there guys.

He was so goddam bad lol

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's why when Ray Farmer and company openly pounded the analytics drum and proudly thumbed their noses at not valuing WR I wanted him gone then and there. Then he parlayed it by taking a 2 down run stuffer DT who looks like Gilbert Brown/Tony Siragusa in a bygone era and a swing OL in the first round...yeah, great "analytics" there guys.

I will say that I wish we had prime Danny Shelton right now. He was great for us, albeit, severely limited. But I'd take him over the ragdolls we have in there now. I literally see dudes throwing our DT's around. It's embarrassing and while part of it is on coaching and technique, these dudes just aren't built to stop the run. That's on your decision-makers. We have zero big bodies right now.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was so goddam bad lol

Shelton or Farmer?

I thought Shelton did fairly well considering what he was asked to do. It wasn't a good pick in the top half of R1, for sure. But he wasn't atrocious as a 3-4 nose man. I just wouldn't have placed such high value on that kind of player unless it's Vea...which he was not.

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Shelton or Farmer?

correct.

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I thought Shelton did fairly well considering what he was asked to do. It wasn't a good pick in the top half of R1, for sure. But he wasn't atrocious as a 3-4 nose man. I just wouldn't have placed such high value on that kind of player unless it's Vea...which he was not.

I’m not drafting a 2 down, run stuffing DT in the first round ever.  It’s 1994 and those dudes can be had day 2-3.

• Like 1