College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Obviously depends on the QB situation.

However, I think the front office is going to draft front 7 heavy the next 2 years. Maybe draft a WR with the 2nd round pick if nobody breaks out, but all front 7 after that.

And OL.

I’m just very intrigued by how the team is built. You can make an argument that we will have the best RBs, O-line, and I believe secondary in the NFL.

Yet we’re weakest at LB, DT, and WR (at least compared to the entire NFL). I can’t think of too many teams historically built like that. 

It’s going to be an interesting season.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m just very intrigued by how the team is built. You can make an argument that we will have the best RBs, O-line, and I believe secondary in the NFL.

Yet we’re weakest at LB, DT, and WR (at least compared to the entire NFL). I can’t think of too many teams historically built like that. 

It’s going to be an interesting season.

Not just that

Offensive line depth nothing after Hubbard.

Who takes Clowneys place he has not played a complete season.

We are going to have jok matched up against Baltimores new center .

It is going to be interesting what happens to the Browns if jacoby goes down while Deshaun's is suspended.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Not just that

Offensive line depth nothing after Hubbard.

I'll take a stab. My best guess is that they hope James Hudson will take a huge step and be a viable starter-level swing tackle/guard, the guy who plays three different positions during the season in covering for injured players. But yeah, there isn't a lot of (realized-potential) depth.

Who takes Clowneys place he has not played a complete season.

I'm guessing it'd be Chase Winovich, though I'm sure they hope Alex Wright shows something as a rookie. There are worse depth charts out there, though I'd say it appears "middling" compared to the rest of the league--could be worse.

We are going to have jok matched up against Baltimores new center .

Sometimes, but it's not like he'll be rushing the passer often. And fwiw, the only way a linebacker beats a lineman is with speed, and JOK does have a lot of that. It'll be an interesting matchup. I'd say he won't be the problem on defense, at least, if there is one.

It is going to be interesting what happens to the Browns if jacoby goes down while Deshaun's is suspended.

Yeah, maybe @VanS will get his way and we see Josh Dobbs starting games. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'll take a stab. My best guess is that they hope James Hudson will take a huge step and be a viable starter-level swing tackle/guard, the guy who plays three different positions during the season in covering for injured players. But yeah, there isn't a lot of (realized-potential) depth.

I'm guessing it'd be Chase Winovich, though I'm sure they hope Alex Wright shows something as a rookie. There are worse depth charts out there, though I'd say it appears "middling" compared to the rest of the league--could be worse.

Sometimes, but it's not like he'll be rushing the passer often. And fwiw, the only way a linebacker beats a lineman is with speed, and JOK does have a lot of that. It'll be an interesting matchup. I'd say he won't be the problem on defense, at least, if there is one.

Yeah, maybe @VanS will get his way and we see Josh Dobbs starting games. 

Ok nude no argument 

Will say a prayer because that is the most likely event

• Like 1

Nude answered everything perfectly.

I have very high confidence in Bill Callahan. I think Hudson’s problem was his rawness. He just wasn’t ready and I think it’s why we brought Hubbard back.

Defensively, it’s our secondary + Myles and Jadeveon. Sprinkle in some playmaking from JOK. I philosophically don’t value DT’s, unless you have an Aaron Donald. That side of the ball will be our strength.

My biggest concern (QB position not factoring) is our receivers including TE’s. Once again, I’m talking about the player, not the person. However, if Watson plays, we’re set at QB. Our RBs are monsters, and our O-line will be fantastic. However, holy crap I do not feel good about our receiving weapons outside of Cooper.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Keep an eye on this kid next year.

BRO!!!!!

I literally watched him for the first time last night. Like this dude is exactly what we need 😂 

I was about to start the 2023 draft prospect thread just because of him. He’s like a discount JSX. He’s got the perfect game for what we need as a compliment to Amari DPJ and Bell. He won’t be there late second so we’d have to make a move, but I definitely agree with you. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

I literally have no idea where he ranks as a prospect but the TE out of Georgia Darnell Washington is huge and can move

He’s not even the best tight end on his team. Brock Bowers was a true freshmen. Watch his highlights against Alabama.

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This is why I can never take Ohio state seriously 

Man we had it chil 😂 

Day just didn’t want to do Marcus Freeman bad his first game 🤣 

You know he alumni 😂 

go bucks!!!

That DT can play. 51 Hall. He looks like he can be that 3 tech we’ve been trying to get