College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

****in Skip Bayless over here

Keep an eye on Strouds stats this year though.

He could have historic numbers close to Joe Burrows when it’s all said and done. The ingredients are all there.

He’s done this with a hobbled JSN.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He could have historic numbers close to Joe Burrows when it’s all said and done. The ingredients are all there.

I’m not saying he isn’t good or won’t put up numbers or whatever, but to compare him or any other college QB to the GOAT is dumb af

On 9/18/2022 at 7:25 AM, candyman93 said:

"With the number one pick, acquired from the Cleveland Browns, the Houston Texans select

CJ Stroud, quarterback, Ohio State University"

• Like 4

On 9/18/2022 at 10:25 AM, candyman93 said:

And outstanding pass pro, also 0:29 might be his most impressive pass in that clip

Edited by MSURacerDT55

19 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Needs, as of now:

1. Defensive Tackle (Devoid)

Absolutely

2. Defensive End (Clowney is likely gone soon)

Even if by some miracle Alex Wright turns into a legit starter (and I like him as our third guy), we need another for depth and rushman packages. Agree

3. Wide Receiver (we'll see if someone steps up)

They could draft three receivers early and I wouldn't even complain. That unit is cheeks.

4. Free Safety (if Delpit continues to suck...and I bet JJIII doesn't finish out his contract here)

Biggest weakness on our team even if he wasn't constantly blowing coverages

5. Dime Cornerback (if and when Greedy walks)

Typically you can't have too many of these. Perhaps your FS type ends up having some dime versatility/nickel versatility and someone else can push, but yes.

I'd also say we need a MLB because Walker is probably gone as well. Phillips is horrible.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Typically you can't have too many of these. Perhaps your FS type ends up having some dime versatility/nickel versatility and someone else can push, but yes.

I thought when we lost MJ Stewart it would be a bigger loss than most would assume, but having a dude who can essentially play anywhere in the backfield with a reasonable level of competence isn’t exactly easy to find.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thought when we lost MJ Stewart it would be a bigger loss than most would assume, but having a dude who can essentially play anywhere in the backfield with a reasonable level of competence isn’t exactly easy to find.

I'd like to see more A.J. Green personally. He's flashed when given the opportunities.

• Like 2