College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man we had it chil 😂 

Day just didn’t want to do Marcus Freeman bad his first game 🤣 

You know he alumni 😂 

go bucks!!!

That DT can play. 51 Hall. He looks like he can be that 3 tech we’ve been trying to get 

Football is like chess.

Notre Dame lost this game once they called a double safety blitz on 3rd and 11 when Ohio State was in the red zone. They were super passive defensively and made OSU dink and dunk to pick up yards.

The one and only time they got aggressive they were burned for it. Stroud was waiting all night for those safeties to move up and he made them pay.

You do not blitz a great QB. It NEVER works. You need your front 4 to do their job and hope for the best.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Bucks could have played better. Getting battle tested game 1 is a good thing. I know is OSU doesn’t win by 40 every game they suck.  CJ and Day better get use to that defense, I have a feeling most will try to stop them this way.  Of course most teams don’t have a good enough defense to actually do it. 

Hall played great, glad they didn’t call targeting when he got tripped up on the OL leg. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JDD said:

Bucks could have played better. Getting battle tested game 1 is a good thing. I know is OSU doesn’t win by 40 every game they suck.  CJ and Day better get use to that defense, I have a feeling most will try to stop them this way.  Of course most teams don’t have a good enough defense to actually do it. 

Herbie said it best. They gave Stroud the Mahomes treatment. Give up plays underneath and make him work for everything.

• Like 1

@candyman93

I agree I soon as I saw those safeties come down I’m like why would they do that. It was like it happened in slow motion. It looked like they were trying to throw the game. 

I have no idea why they blitzed then. It made me think Vegas called that play. Like on some BW3 **** 😂. 

The only thing is I think maybe they thought they could get away with it when they saw our backup receiver in the slot. But you should know CJ is gonna dot you. 

I know the CFB rankings don’t matter until the playoff committee starts. 

I have never seen a team drop a spot after winning against a top 5 team. ZFG if UGA beat Oregon 

ND dropped 3 spots in the coaches poll after a loss and OSU dropped 1 spot after beating them.  

8 hours ago, JDD said:

I know the CFB rankings don’t matter until the playoff committee starts. 

I have never seen a team drop a spot after winning against a top 5 team. ZFG if UGA beat Oregon 

ND dropped 3 spots in the coaches poll after a loss and OSU dropped 1 spot after beating them.  

If Georgia beating a bad Oregon team gives the voters such a boner, why isn’t Georgia #1?

It’s going to be worse propaganda from ESPN next year when they don’t broadcast big 10 games. It’s going to be like Fox News vs MSNBC going forward.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It’s going to be worse propaganda from ESPN next year when they don’t broadcast big 10 games. It’s going to be like Fox News vs MSNBC going forward.

Both opposite ends of the dumpster fire spectrum. #BBC

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If Georgia beating a bad Oregon team gives the voters such a boner, why isn’t Georgia #1?

Agree, Also I find it funny that beating a top 5 team (probably a top 20 team at end of the year) and you drop a spot. 

I will bet any amount of money if the tables were turned OSU would not have jumped UGA 

I hate that ESPN owns the rights to the CFB title this point. B1G football will be hockey to them. Wonder how many B1G games GameDay goes too next year lol

I mean, at the end of the day the rankings in September are irrelevant.  Teams control their own destiny more or less.  

If these teams are undefeated, they’re gonna get their shot in the playoffs.  If they have one loss they probably get their shot.

Where ESPN has them now means nothing tbh.

• Like 2