College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

You never know 

but if the Steelers drafted Pickett I’d feel comfortable. Willis I’d feel more uncomfortable. 

Pickett just doesn’t have the arm strength to play like he does in our division. 

Willis can run 

Yep I want Willis gone before they pick

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

You never know 

but if the Steelers drafted Pickett I’d feel comfortable. Willis I’d feel more uncomfortable. 

Pickett just doesn’t have the arm strength to play like he does in our division. 

Willis can run 

Meh, they are screwed regardless. 

A. All of those QBs in this class blow

B. It's not like he presents a challenge that we haven't seen with having to deal with Lamar Jackson

Now if they were getting ready to draft a guy like Stroud or Bryce Young, that would be concerning.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Meh, they are screwed regardless. 

A. All of those QBs in this class blow

B. It's not like he presents a challenge that we haven't seen with having to deal with Lamar Jackson

Now if they were getting ready to draft a guy like Stroud or Bryce Young, that would be concerning.

Yep.

im not gonna be too worried about a guy who couldn’t beat out Bo Nix or Stidham and who put up middling numbers as a 5th year senior at Liberty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

im not gonna be too worried about a guy who couldn’t beat out Bo Nix or Stidham and who put up middling numbers as a 5th year senior at Liberty.

I like dude a lot but he should be a really high level developmental guy, everyone who is smart knows these guys all have been boosted up a round and a half higher than where they would normally be in a good QB class 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I like dude a lot but he should be a really high level developmental guy, everyone who is smart knows these guys all have been boosted up a round and a half higher than where they would normally be in a good QB class 

Agreed.  I like him end of day 2 as a backup.  You hope he hits but has a lot of things working against him.

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Just imagine being in Carolina's shoes 

Los Angeles Basketball GIF

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Any of these teams that think they’re gonna find the QBOTF this weekend.

Carolina, Seattle, Detroit, maybe ATL, NO…. 

Guys like Baker and Jimmy G are such better bets at a fraction of the cost asset wise.

If I'm Matt Rhule, I might get fired at the end of the year, but not because I let Sam Darnold or a rookie in THIS CLASS decide it for me. Jimmy, Love, or Baker would be non negotiable for me personally, and after that, whatever happens to me happens.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If I'm Matt Rhule, I might get fired at the end of the year, but not because I let Sam Darnold or a rookie in THIS CLASS decide it for me. Jimmy, Love, or Baker would be non negotiable for me personally, and after that, whatever happens to me happens.

Imagine getting a HC gig and never being able to pick “your guy” at QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Any of these teams that think they’re gonna find the QBOTF this weekend.

Carolina, Seattle, Detroit, maybe ATL, NO…. 

Guys like Baker and Jimmy G are such better bets at a fraction of the cost asset wise.

The teams in the top 10 are tanking

For next year period.

Not 1 qb in the top 10 has beaten 

Cousins.

They are tanking that is why the Giants are playing Daniel Jones. 

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mary Kay says don’t rule out CB at 44.

Hmmmm

Andrew Booth from Clemson…?

It makes sense because of Cincinnati.

I legit love Booth. You can never have too many corners, albeit with our room I'm not sure that's ideal. Maybe they move Greedy to FS????

CB: Newsome

CB: Ward

Slot: Hill

FS: Greedy

SS: JJ3

Hybrid: Delpit

Booth is your backup outside guy and can come in situationally in the slot?