College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

YO I JUST GOT FINISHED WATCHING SAM WILLIAMS FROM OLE MISS FOR THE FIRST TIME

MANNN!!!!!

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THAT GUY

HE'S GOING TO BE A GOOD NFL PLAYER. IF HE GET SOLID COACHING HE'S A PRO BOWLER!

I swear I hadn't watched a second of his, and I started watching this dude and I'm like man! He's jumping off the screen. He's hella athletic and actually had mature pass rushing moves. And he's doing this in the SEC!

Then I got look at his combine page

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-williams/32005749-4c51-5041-55e2-aa34560a7119

And he ran a 4.46 at 6'4 261!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me!!!

Why is nobody talking about this dude in the first round. If we bring back Clowney I'm all for bringing in Williams. Develop him as a pass rusher man!! He's got the size and the athleticism!!!

Why is nobody talking about him?!?!?!??!

9 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

As far as Sam Williams is concerned, he certainly has the athleticism. He needs to be coached up, but someone will take a chance on him, and probably pretty early (maybe even late 1st).

We might be talking to Tisdale to get the inside scoop on Williams. He’s got some previous off the field stuff.

but yeah to me he looks like a late first rounder but I haven’t seen him in the first round of any mock. If he makes it to us I’m pulling the trigger. He’s a Juco guy and just really tapping into the player he will be. He’s got Clowneys speed but he’s got the bend to go along with it.

The fact he’s got the bend and the pass rush moves is really putting him up the board to em. 

Just did the pff mock simulator 

pick 44 Sam Williams 

pick 78 Khalil Shakir

pick 99 Jelani Woods

pick 119 Damone Clark

pick 202 Chris Paul T Tulsa

pick 223 Matt Araiza punter Sdsu

pick 246 Deven Thompkins Utah state

This might go down at the most talented second round of defensive lineman in NFL history. It’s basically going to be a first round Jr. edges and tackles it’s just ridiculous. But once you drop out of the middle third the talent takes a tumble. 

I think we might need to trade up in the second to get one of those interior lineman. Logal Hall,  Winfrey, DeMarvin, Travis Jones. Those guys aren’t making it to our third rounder. We’ve got to move up a little if we don’t go DT at 44. 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, candyman93 said:

So, I got a chance to see Knowles's defensive presentation at OSU's coaching and he spoke really highly of Harper, he was making all types of plays in the cut ups he showed explaining his defense. He looks like he could be a diamond in the rough. 

Also, I wonder how many of these guys historically with Berry did we actually draft or do this to throw off our scent?

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1