College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We’re meeting with some more ole miss guys.

Surprised we haven’t met with Sam Williams yet. He’s their best draft prospect other than Matt Coral.

Bro Tisdale kind of rules. Watched some Ole Miss defense vs. whoever I could find vids on youtube today and he's insane in the Louisville game. Could be a late round gem. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Bro Tisdale kind of rules. Watched some Ole Miss defense vs. whoever I could find vids on youtube today and he's insane in the Louisville game. Could be a late round gem. 

Once again thanks for heads up.

Due you think if we go edge and dt

Sign Clowney we get the same defense back?

24 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Mark Robinson also seems like a solid linebacker. He's great in run support but always seems a second behind the pass. They used him a lot as a QB spy and on runningback flares so I can see why both Pittsburgh and us are interested in him. 

On 4/7/2022 at 7:03 AM, pscottdai said:

Pleeeeaaassseee get Burks ! Kid is going to be a good one. 

This is my Dark Horse., I pray he's there in the 2nd round pick.....it would be like JOK, and Delpit Slipping to round the 2nd round....wait...that happened lol

If we GOT BURKS...my #2 rated WR....I would go Full RANCE up in this Joint...(shout out to Minister Jap and the Church.....)

(I did this when we picked JOK last year LOL)

Edited by DaWg_LB.

Where I differ from the guardrails he projects prospects: I don’t think the FO values DTs unless they can really rush the passer.

If we go based off of the guardrails, I think we’re looking at Drake Jackson and George Pickens.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

New (some familiar prospects) mock draft: 

44. Travis Jones, DT: I'm between Jones and Winfrey for this pick, but I'm swaying Jones now because he's that nose we've been missing for so many years. Aging pass rush DTs are a dime a dozen on the free agency market, but there are only so many guys available with Jones run-stopping ability. 

78. Khalil Shakir, WR: Cheap Landry substitute.

99. Josh Paschall, DE: Cheap Clowney substitute. 

118. Isaiah Likely, TE: poor man's Njoku. 

202. Spencer Burford, OL: He's undersized for an OT, but kind of looks to be the plus run blocker our scheme desires. 

223. Tycen Anderson, S: A box safety who showed he can cover at the senior bowl. A local-ish kid too. 

246. Mark Robinson, LB: The eventual Anthony Walker replacement. He's a great run stopper and was used to spy the QB many times. Great angle-tacker. 

• Like 1

To me this year 

It is not important who we draft

Eg sign Clowney trade Mayfield get picks trade them for Grady jackson.

The single most important thing then is get the second round pick right because there is very probably a dt that will go all pro.

Edge that will go all pro

Plus a wr that goes all pro

With a defensive line rush draft I think we could go DT+DE+DE with the first 3 picks.

That gets our roster to hopefully functional across the board. 

I dont have a ton of confidence in any  of our current DTs to be a rock that plays 70% of the snaps for a season.

Togiai got off blocks, but didnt seem to anchor the line. Jordan Elliot has yet to do anything other than send a pitt kicker to the shadow realm. 

Maybe they can both bbe like Nick Harris and really shine after a few years in and really working their bodies. I hope Elliot especially has  been eating and training like a mad man, he probably has the most upside of our DTs not named Tavon Bryant

I like that Berry always maneuvers thebroster so that the week spots in the roster are always at the strength of the draft. 

We need maybe x1 wr and a 1-2 DTs and  a couple of ends and that is a the strength of the draft.

Another question is Berry comfortable with Cooper, DPJ, Scwartz and Grant as our wr core? Does Felton become a slot wr or at least compete for it. Does Berry view a slot wr as fundamental to team building?