College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Just speculation from Grossi. However, I could see us trading up for a Burks or Pickens. Burks fits perfectly schematically.

I was just thinking this morning the only player I could see us trading up in the first for would be Burks. It’d have to be like pick 32 to the Lions so we secure they 5th year option. 

Im guessing the only thing we could do is trade down from both our third rounders and drop to like the 5th and 6th. It’d have to be a serious drop but we’d be getting a great player. I love Burks but idk I think I’d rather stay put and hope for Dotson or Pickens. We just don’t have much to trade, but Burks would be an awesome pick man he’s the type of compliment we need. 

Seems like a really dumb class to take a qb in the 1st, especially with either Jimmy or Baker available. Both can get you to the playoffs. 

Every team needs skill players, in the 1st round you would be much better off drafting a wr, a tackle or an end to that will be effective rather than shooting in the dark on a qb.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Seems like a really dumb class to take a qb in the 1st, especially with either Jimmy or Baker available. Both can get you to the playoffs. 

Every team needs skill players, in the 1st round you would be much better off drafting a wr, a tackle or an end to that will be effective rather than shooting in the dark on a qb.

It is going to be interesting 

1st point

Those that actually scout the NFL 

50 to 60 percent are predicting

That 2 qbs are going to be drafted before 12

Those that talk to nfl front office

50 to 60 percent are saying

That 2 qb go before 11.

This means if you are built to win now.

Now the qbs that drop to you will

Not be ready for 2 years.

This could be devastating to next year's season tickets

That means every team will be calling for Garropolo and Mayfield. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

None of these guys should go before R3 imo.  Spending a 1 on any of them is insane to me.

These guys are epic projects or have backup level talent at best imo.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

None of these guys should go before R3 imo.  Spending a 1 on any of them is insane to me.

These guys are epic projects or have backup level talent at best imo.

Matt Coral or the other guy, couldnt wipe Bakers *** in terms of production and talent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Even the belle of the ball this year is more Geno Smith than Russell Wilson to me. If I needed a quarterback, I am either trading for somebody or putting my hopes into next year. 

I'd sooner fail with Baker than Matt Coral or whoever else. 

Baker is a single year rental, these other 1st rounders are like a Vegas wedding to someone you dont know at 18. Probs not going well.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Even the belle of the ball this year is more Geno Smith than Russell Wilson to me. If I needed a quarterback, I am either trading for somebody or putting my hopes into next year. 

The smartest thing a team could do is take a flyer on a guy with everything to lose on a 5th year deal than take a risk on any QB in this class

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This kid has the freakiest measurables I’ve ever seen from a CB. He’s 6’4 and runs a 4.26 with a 42’ vertical.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tariq-woolen/3200574f-4f71-3124-55f0-e6f0816e959a

Yeah the Scouting community has been buzzing about him since the Combine.....he's already on everyones radar....kid from UTSA...Ive been keepin an eye on UTSA every since Marcus Davenport caught my eye a couple years ago....they also got a really good Olineman coming outta there, I saw this kid when I was trying to take a look a the Olineman....

Kid looks the part.,....but be careful, he played WR for his first 3 seasons and is a BRAND NEW CB.....it will take him 2 years to learn the position...but from a physical aspect, he's built and athletic like the best Corner I ever had on Madden....

My thing was possibly taking him in round 6....and then moving him to FS....I think he could be an ALL Pro in 3-4 years with patience

• Like 1