College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

My number 1 draft crush guy this year is Spencer Burford. The Browns need this dude on the offensive line. Legitimately think he could dethrone Wills eventually.

I was thinking they could go tackle at 44 if they liked a guy.

Move Jed to RT possibly 

• Like 1

I know Pickens is getting a lot of hype to us, but if they were both there give me Dotson. I think Dotson is going to be a superstar. His ability to get open and score touchdowns that aren’t really there is special. But his ability to get open with Watsons ability to improvise and I’m telling you they would be so scary together. 

Pickens is good too but if you really watch them to me Dotson is the better playmaker. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

I know Pickens is getting a lot of hype to us, but if they were both there give me Dotson. I think Dotson is going to be a superstar. His ability to get open and score touchdowns that aren’t really there is special. But his ability to get open with Watsons ability to improvise and I’m telling you they would be so scary together. 

It's hard to say who the nerds would take. Most likely, Dotson will be gone when we pick, but I'm not sure they would prefer him anyway. I'm with you that Dotson looks for real, but he doesn't meet some of the criteria that our FO seems to value. He's small, not a blazer, doesn't play physically, didn't test that well. He's not "old", but he is 22. I don't think we would take him even if he's there. Dude has great hands and has great production, no doubt.

At Miami's pro day, the 6'4", 224-pound defender posted a 4.57-second 40-yard dash, 36-inch vertical jump, 4.28-second short shuttle and 6.98-second three-cone time. For comparison among massive safeties, Weatherford is taller, faster and more explosive than former Seattle Seahawks standout Kam Chancellor.

Safety Sterling Weatherford, Miami (OH)

Hmmmmm