College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

• 2 weeks later...

uhhh idk if anybody has talked about him, but I think Berry is going to love Mike Morris. I dont see this guy making it out the second round. I wasn't hip to him before, but if he really weighs 291 he carries it unbelievably well. He's got Outside run down Inside Passing down potential. 

I think hes gonna end up in the first round after the combine. He's too big and athletic, but I hadn't heard much about him up to this point. 

Ideally I want to go receiver in the second round and stop playing with it, but if they go Dline I'd be all for it as well, but I dont think he'll make it to our pick. 

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

uhhh idk if anybody has talked about him, but I think Berry is going to love Mike Morris. I dont see this guy making it out the second round. I wasn't hip to him before, but if he really weighs 291 he carries it unbelievably well. He's got Outside run down Inside Passing down potential. 

I think hes gonna end up in the first round after the combine. He's too big and athletic, but I hadn't heard much about him up to this point. 

Ideally I want to go receiver in the second round and stop playing with it, but if they go Dline I'd be all for it as well, but I dont think he'll make it to our pick. 

Just watching that highlight video I didn’t see him do a whole lot tbh.

2 point stance, bull rush, beat a tackle with strength.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Didn’t see much burst/twitch at all (understandable to some degree for a guy his size), no bend, no inside counter.  

Let’s call in our resident DL expert.  @MSURacerDT55, thoughts?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s call in our resident DL expert.  @MSURacerDT55, thoughts?

Thank you for the kind words my good sir.

From what I saw he is a big strong, powerful athlete who is a decent athlete for his listed size and a really high motor. That being said, he is kinda stiff and has tight hips to be a full time edge guy, though he can definitely do it in a pinch. He would be a really good 3 tech though, you get him to 305 and you could have a Chris Jones type inside.

Chances are, they will advise him to do the opposite and he'll drop to maybe 275 but I would have to see him move. He is a nice player but I wouldn't begin to consider him until the 3rd. 

He would be valuable for us though

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

From what I saw he is a big strong, powerful athlete who is a decent athlete for his listed size and a really high motor. That being said, he is kinda stiff and has tight hips to be a full time edge guy, though he can definitely do it in a pinch. He would be a really good 3 tech though, you get him to 305 and you could have a Chris Jones type inside.

Chances are, they will advise him to do the opposite and he'll drop to maybe 275 but I would have to see him move. He is a nice player but I wouldn't begin to consider him until the 3rd. 

I really like the idea of him inside. Didn’t seem to move particularly well for an end (removing his size from the equation) but real well for an interior guy.

And he could absolutely end up being 315ish after a few years of lifting and eating to play DT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just watching that highlight video I didn’t see him do a whole lot tbh.

2 point stance, bull rush, beat a tackle with strength.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Didn’t see much burst/twitch at all (understandable to some degree for a guy his size), no bend, no inside counter.  

I’m thinking like a Carlos Dunlap type who could move inside on 3rd downs. I would like him to maybe lose 10 pounds to get to 285. At 6’7 with his length he could be really disruptive.

But I would try to go with a more traditional smaller end sometime later in the draft too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m thinking like a Carlos Dunlap type who could move inside on 3rd downs. I would like him to maybe lose 10 pounds to get to 285. At 6’7 with his length he could be really disruptive.

But I would try to go with a more traditional smaller end sometime later in the draft too. 

I could see that but I also think that’s sort of what they envision with Wright.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

a 6'7 interior DT is going to get rooted out of the gap with ease. He's an edge guy for sure at that height. Plus, he doesn't play with low pads as is. He would get engulfed on the interior. I don't mind him, but I think there's significantly better DL talent that can be had in round 2. He would fill a need as a base LDE, but I don't think he's much of a pass rusher for the NFL game, nor does he really fit what DE's traditionally do in Jim Schwartz's defense.

I think the apple of Schwartz's eye in R2 would have to be Calijah Kancey, or even moreso, Felix Anudike-Uzomah. FAU is my dream scenario pick for us in R2.

3 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think the apple of Schwartz's eye in R2 would have to be Calijah Kancey, or even moreso, Felix Anudike-Uzomah. FAU is my dream scenario pick for us in R2.

Felix will probably be there. Idk he’s kinda stiff too though. Great motor though. 

a guy I like 3rd round or later is KJ Henry out of Clemson. I think he’d be a great fit in Schwartz scheme. If we go WR or DT 2nd round he’s one of my targets in the 3rd. 

43 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

a 6'7 interior DT is going to get rooted out of the gap with ease. He's an edge guy for sure at that height. Plus, he doesn't play with low pads as is. He would get engulfed on the interior. I don't mind him, but I think there's significantly better DL talent that can be had in round 2. He would fill a need as a base LDE, but I don't think he's much of a pass rusher for the NFL game, nor does he really fit what DE's traditionally do in Jim Schwartz's defense.

I like the idea of Kancey, but he’s gonna have to test really well.  Dude is smol.

10 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Thank you excellent analysis

Question with the kid from army what is your thoughts?

It is even tougher trying to rate the academies cadets because of lack of NFL quality tackles they play against