College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

11 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Thank you excellent analysis

Question with the kid from army what is your thoughts?

It is even tougher trying to rate the academies cadets because of lack of NFL quality tackles they play against 

He’s got a legit shot to be our first pick. The more I study him though, the less I like him. He plays really tall and has a hard time bending the edge. He isn’t flexible and his height doesn’t allow him to leverage OTs with power. I think this edge class, for where we are picking, sucks. 

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He’s got a legit shot to be our first pick. The more I study him though, the less I like him. He plays really tall and has a hard time bending the edge. He isn’t flexible and his height doesn’t allow him to leverage OTs with power. I think this edge class, for where we are picking, sucks. 

Nice this buds for you

7 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I’m gonna pretend it’s me who’s out here doing the scouting and not @theerealdeal/@kamtrus/@shakenbake/@huejaccident/et all and mention Isaiah McGuire as a DE option.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m gonna pretend it’s me who’s out here doing the scouting and not @theerealdeal/@kamtrus/@shakenbake/@huejaccident/et all and mention Isaiah McGuire as a DE option.

I do like him. He strikes me as a low-end starter. Has a little bit of everything, but has no exceptional traits or skills. Has some bend as a rusher, has size, and shows some counters. He’s just not very productive consistently and from play-to-play, he can vary from 2nd round pick to undraftable. As far as day 3 DEs go, he’s only behind Ochaun Mathis for my money. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 5:32 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

Ok the thing I look forward is quickness.

Speed to power witch is a tough judge based on competition Happy Birthday GIF

20 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I do like him. He strikes me as a low-end starter. Has a little bit of everything, but has no exceptional traits or skills. Has some bend as a rusher, has size, and shows some counters. He’s just not very productive consistently and from play-to-play, he can vary from 2nd round pick to undraftable. As far as day 3 DEs go, he’s only behind Ochaun Mathis for my money. 

Interesting I bet he has enough arm length to give short arm tackles fits.

Just by watching Myles.

One of the things that has not been discussed.

Is this trade Willis if we can get a 2nd and a3rd then use the money you save plus trade those picks lol for a stud defensive tackle.

Peter skoronski tackle northwestern rumor has it he is the smartest kid in this class witch would help him to adept to what Callehan is teaching.

This would break even on the salary cap plus improve 2 positionsHappy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

One of the things that has not been discussed.

Is this trade Willis if we can get a 2nd and a3rd then use the money you save plus trade those picks lol for a stud defensive tackle.

Peter skoronski tackle northwestern rumor has it he is the smartest kid in this class witch would help him to adept to what Callehan is teaching.

This would break even on the salary cap plus improve 2 positionsHappy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

If we trade assets away in order to move up and take an OT, I might hang myself by my pull-up bar. NOOOOOO

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

If we trade assets away in order to move up and take an OT, I might hang myself by my pull-up bar. NOOOOOO

Ok what is pff ranking on Willis over the last 2 years

Question 2 what is the cost of his 5th year option verses Jarrett?

9 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

This is not a very impressive O-line class with the exception of the center position which maybe the deepest position in the draft 

Excellent post but the kid from northwestern would be improvement over Willis plus save us north of 10 million 

43 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok what is pff ranking on Willis over the last 2 years

Question 2 what is the cost of his 5th year option verses Jarrett?

I don’t care. I also don’t know what you’re asking. I need a translator.

We can’t worry about our OL when our defense is a pile of feces. Wills is underwhelming, but talented and at the very least, average. This team doesn’t need more OL talent, especially trading up for it. That would be lunacy.