College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

McKinnie is a bit of a stretch for me. Good for sure, not otherworldly.

Luck, Mario Williams, Myles, Saquon, Orlando Pace, Charles Woodson, Sean Taylor, Kyle Pitts, Champ Bailey, Ricky Williams, Megatron are some other guys who were S tier prospects off the top of my head.

Adrian Peterson was as well as LaDainian Tomlinson.

So was Michael Vick.

Charles Woodson came to mind instantly as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Luck, Mario Williams, Myles, Saquon, Orlando Pace, Charles Woodson, Sean Taylor, Kyle Pitts, Champ Bailey, Ricky Williams, Megatron are some other guys who were S tier prospects off the top of my head.

I'm talking purely college dominance here. Sean Taylor is a great call, forgot about him. Woodson and Pace were before my time so I omited them but Ive heard they were as good or better than anyone. 

Calvin was an insane NFL prospect but underutilized because their QB sucked. Kyle Pitts wasnt very productive. Luck was great but more appetizing as a pro prospect than a college player and Id have 10-15 more QBs like Watson, Mayfield, RG3, Tebow, Vince Young etc for CFB. Saquon, Mario, and Garrett were more exciting NFL prospects than game breaking college players IMO, but I can see your argument there as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I'm talking purely college dominance here. Sean Taylor is a great call, forgot about him. Woodson and Pace were before my time so I omited them but Ive heard they were as good or better than anyone. 

Calvin was an insane NFL prospect but underutilized because their QB sucked. Kyle Pitts wasnt very productive. Luck was great but more appetizing as a pro prospect than a college player and Id have 10-15 more QBs like Watson, Mayfield, RG3, Tebow, Vince Young etc for CFB. Saquon, Mario, and Garrett were more exciting NFL prospects than game breaking college players IMO, but I can see your argument there as well. 

Ah ok, I see where you’re coming from.

Larry Fitzgerald and Ron Dayne (before your time) were some absolute studs too.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That was a great list, here are a few of mine:

Marshall Faulk, Ndamakung Suh, Adrian Peterson, Eric Berry, Randy Moss, Air McNair, Dwight Freeney, Cam Newton, Lavar Arrington 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That was a great list, here are a few of mine:

Marshall Faulk, Ndamakung Suh, Adrian Peterson, Eric Berry, Randy Moss, Air McNair, Dwight Freeney, Cam Newton, Lavar Arrington 

Arrington was so good, can’t believe I forgot to mention him.  Got to meet him and Courtney Brown in the PSU locker room after their game against Indiana in 2000.  Dude was super friendly and down to earth.  Brown was also nice enough, just very quiet.  

Moss is another great one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Arrington was so good, can’t believe I forgot to mention him.  Got to meet him and Courtney Brown in the PSU locker room after their game against Indiana in 2000.  Dude was super friendly and down to earth.  Brown was also nice enough, just very quiet.  

Moss is another great one.

Moss just had those drug issues and a couple instances of getting kicked out of universities, Notre Dame and Florida State…you get kicked out of FSU in the 90s and that’s just a huge problem lol

• Like 2

I’m just throwing this out there-

I bet Stefanski loves a guy like Kyle McCord because he’s similar to Kirk Cousins. Same build, but Kyle has a way strong arm. There’s also the fact they are both from Philly and went to the same high school.

If Kyle is available in the 5th-6th I guarantee there’s serious consideration for him from Stef.

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I bet Stefanski loves a guy like Kyle McCord because he’s similar to Kirk Cousins. Same build, but Kyle has a way strong arm. There’s also the fact they are both from Philly and went to the same high school.

If Kyle is available in the 5th-6th I guarantee there’s serious consideration for him from Stef.

I get the sense he’s wanting his QBs to have some mobility.

Id expect dual threat QBs only for as long as Watson is here.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

God I hope not. McCord sucks. All day 3 QB's are supposed to suck, which is why I wouldn't really bother taking one tbh. Every year there is like 1 intriguing guy. I don't know who it will be for me this year, but I can tell you who it won't be: Kyle McCord.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get the sense he’s wanting his QBs to have some mobility.

Id expect dual threat QBs only for as long as Watson is here.

With great mobility comes great buffonery. I'd like to try a pocket passer. They tend to make better decisions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like his issue is he doesn't trust his eyes and is afraid to let it rip at times in fear of turning the ball over. When he develops confidence in what he does and he could definitely be a Cousins type of guy.