Week 2 - Panthers (0-1) @ Bucs (0-1)-A Must Win?!

ravishingone

Is it a must win?  Well, starting 0-2 in the division would make it really tough to win the division.  Also, the likelihood of making the playoffs goes really down.

Keys to the game for me:

-Well another week, another Saints type offense.  Defense has to contain CMC.  

- Cats oline isn t as good as the Saints, they  need to get pressure on Teddy.  Be curious to see if Teddy can get the ball down the field more then Brees.  Have to respect Moore and Anderson on the outside.

-Please, please can the Bucs win the turnover battle and have less penalties then an opponent- Please god I beg of you

-Special teams just don t get embarrassed.  I have been beaten down enough to have no higher expectations.

-Donovan Smith, I hope you are ready for Brian Burns.  If they can pass protect, I would hope the Bucs can exploit this secondary

- Finally, stop making it a habit being 2nd and 12 or worse.

#NewDayInTampaBay

48 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

We better come out and THROTTLE Carolina

i want a STEAM ROLL

lets show ppl we mean business

if don smith has another terrible game id legit put Wirfs at LT

this is a get right game

I agree, a beat down is necessary.  The Cats defense is not good, they need to.put more then 23 on rhe board.

I would not move Wirfs at all this season.  Let him get comfortable at one position for his rookie yr would be my plan.   Offseason make that decision.  I believe Wells would get the first chance at LT.

28 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I agree, a beat down is necessary.  The Cats defense is not good, they need to.put more then 23 on rhe board.

I would not move Wirfs at all this season.  Let him get comfortable at one position for his rookie yr would be my plan.   Offseason make that decision.  I believe Wells would get the first chance at LT.

if the raiders can put up 0ver 30 on them, we should have no problem

as for Wirfs, i get it , but if Don Smith's first game was any indication of how things might go the rest of the season, then we really have no choice but to make a change or make a trade for a legit LT

24 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

as for Wirfs, i get it , but if Don Smith's first game was any indication of how things might go the rest of the season, then we really have no choice but to make a change or make a trade for a legit LT

You guys quick to forget. The difference is the Raiders have Trent Brown and we have Donovan Smith. One was deemed not good because BB did not want him anymore the other was rewarded mediocre for play. Smith will have his hands full with Brian Burns.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

There is nobody trading a legit LT in season.  I can t even recall it ever happening.  The replacement is going to come from the current roster.  

Why I think it will be Wells is pretty simple.  Wirfs hasn t played LT very much even in college.  I think the last time was his freshman yr.  No way, you can move him back there during the season which happens to be his rookie yr.  That would be un poco loco.  If he changes positions, it has to be done during the offseason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

You guys quick to forget. The difference is the Raiders have Trent Brown and we have Donovan Smith. One was deemed not good because BB did not want him anymore the other was rewarded mediocre for play. Smith will have his hands full with Brian Burns.

Pretty sure Brown injured his calf during the game.  He apparently played 3 snaps. I have no idea who replaced him

42 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

There is nobody trading a legit LT in season.  I can t even recall it ever happening.  The replacement is going to come from the current roster.  

Why I think it will be Wells is pretty simple.  Wirfs hasn t played LT very much even in college.  I think the last time was his freshman yr.  No way, you can move him back there during the season which happens to be his rookie yr.  That would be un poco loco.  If he changes positions, it has to be done during the offseason.

well im just saying Smith needs to tighten up in a hurry

and i dont think its THAT outlandish to move Wirfs

LT is where we want him anyway and if Don Smith keeps forcing our prized QB to run around in the pocket, then we have to try anything we can

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Really surprised they only completed 1 screen to a RB.  Jones in the 1st qtr who got decent ydg, but fell.  With the protection issues, I would like to see at leat 5 completions to RB. especially considerig the vertical routes on the outside.

Play calling was not good. Reminded me of last years game vs Niners. Super conservative and run heavy. Bucs are equipped to pass I think we ought to stop fooling around. 3WR 1 TE shot gun out the gate or 2 WR 2 TE in the gun.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Really surprised they only completed 1 screen to a RB.  Jones in the 1st qtr who got decent ydg, but fell.  With the protection issues, I would like to see at leat 5 completions to RB. especially considerig the vertical routes on the outside.

yeah meanwhile we throw 3 TE screens

reverse that please

I'd expect a rebound game from Don Smith. Remember, the O-line group across the NFL had essentially no meaningful snaps to get their timing, footwork, etc. down before opening in live action. If you looked across the NFL last week, it wasn't just our O-line than struggled assignment recognition and speed rushers. Plus, BA called Smith out through the media...

Do I think Smith will be great? No, but I'd expect him to be more of his self. Slightly above average to average in pass protection...

The biggest thing to me is seeing us clean up the stupid penalties. There is no excuse for these now with a week under you belt... 

11 hours ago, indifference said:

Play calling was not good. Reminded me of last years game vs Niners. Super conservative and run heavy. Bucs are equipped to pass I think we ought to stop fooling around. 3WR 1 TE shot gun out the gate or 2 WR 2 TE in the gun.

Agreed, it was not ideal. I get that you have to continue to run, but if it's not there you can't keep forcing it down after down...

They need to get Howard and Gronk heavily involved in the short passing game this week. These type of passes are essentially forward hand-offs for 5-6 yard gains...

I need to see Brady and Evans get on the same page too...