Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, but I dont see Rivera adding that kind of personality to the locker room

My god, who freaking cares about personality when you have no talent? If that’s what he’s going to do here then he’s going to fail. A lot of great football players are jerks. If that’s going to hurt Rivera’s feelings enough to where he doesn’t improve the talent then fire him now and get someone to else. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Or it changes the game. Kicking the field goal appeared to suck the life out of the team. There’s no guarantee Arizona scores if we go for the TD and get it. 

Just like there's no guarantee not converting doesn't suck the life out of the team as well.

Again, I would have rather they had gone for it there as they had little to lose. However, it would not have mattered in the greater scheme of the things. They got beat. Badly.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

My god, who freaking cares about personality when you have no talent? If that’s what he’s going to do here then he’s going to fail. A lot of great football players are jerks. If that’s going to hurt Rivera’s feelings enough to where he doesn’t improve the talent then fire him now and get someone to else. 

I dont see it in year one of a rebuild at least.  But he also avoided those types of players, whether in FA or the draft (see Guice being dropped from their board.). 

I tried to tell everyone there was a pattern with Rivera too with what they did with roster construction.  He had more personnel input and control than most realize, especially since there were three different GM terms while he was coach.  He was the only constant. 

Just now, Woz said:

Just like there's no guarantee not converting doesn't suck the life out of the team as well.

Again, I would have rather they had gone for it there as they had little to lose. However, it would not have mattered in the greater scheme of the things. They got beat. Badly.

And again, you don’t know that for certain. If the go and score a TD the outcome could be totally different. Not even taking the chance ended the game. You can see it how you want Woz but he gave up. You can’t even argue that point. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I dont see it in year one of a rebuild at least.  But he also avoided those types of players, whether in FA or the draft (see Guice being dropped from their board.). 

I tried to tell everyone there was a pattern with Rivera too with what they did with roster construction.  He had more personnel input and control than most realize, especially since there were three different GM terms while he was coach.  He was the only constant. 

He kept Cam Newton for how many years? Probably one of the most polarizing personalities in football.