Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Just now, Vladimir L said:

I dont kmow why we didnt go after cam in the off season

I get that this is frustrating, and it is for me and I've been working away from rooting for the team.  But it is year one of a much needed rebuild, and QB is one of many positions where we have to see what we have.  There was no reason to sign Newton at all. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ron Rivera is not a coward.  Dude is literally taking chemo IVs at halftime.

He's not a coward in that sense, but going for the FG instead of a TD in that instance showed me quite a bit.  It evidently showed the team quite a bit as well, as evidenced by their play and interaction on the sideline the rest of the way. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

And again, you don’t know that for certain. If the go and score a TD the outcome could be totally different.

Neither do you. It is more likely that the game follows the same result.

I called the game over late in the 3rd quarter when they didn't prevent Arizona from converting that third down right after that drive. IF they force the three and out (score 20-3) thus taking off that TD that Murray eventually scored, then the TD/FG decision would have mattered more.

Unfortunately, they didn't so it just didn't matter.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not even taking the chance ended the game.

Again, it was allowing Hopkins to get 25 yards on a 3rd & 3 with 2 minutes left in the 3Q that ended the game. They might have been able to build on the success of the previous drive and made the game interesting.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You can see it how you want Woz but he gave up. You can’t even argue that point. 

I haven't said he didn't. I am just saying it didn't mater.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

He's not a coward in that sense, but going for the FG instead of a TD in that instance showed me quite a bit.  It evidently showed the team quite a bit as well, as evidenced by their play and interaction on the sideline the rest of the way. 

And he’s getting absolutely hammered on Twitter right now for basically giving up. He doesn’t get a pass. He’s not Joe Gibbs. What he did today is inexcusable. He gave up on his team. That’s a poor message to send. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Neither do you. It is more likely that the game follows the same result.

I called the game over late in the 3rd quarter when they didn't prevent Arizona from converting that third down right after that drive. IF they force the three and out (score 20-3) thus taking off that TD that Murray eventually scored, then the TD/FG decision would have mattered more.

Again, it was allowing Hopkins to get 25 yards on a 3rd & 3 with 2 minutes left in the 3Q that ended the game. They might have been able to build on the success of the previous drive and made the game interesting.

I haven't said he didn't. I am just saying it didn't mater.

That’s true. Maybe it would’ve turned out the same way it did but we’ll never know because instead we gave up. We never even took the chance. That was honestly unbelievable to me. Sorry, it’s just shocking to see what just happened transpire. He literally gave up in the third quarter. 

• Like 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

He's embracing the tank.  Or maybe he didn't want useless injuries on a desperation drive?  Who knows.

The game was reachable at that point with a touchdown.  Believe in the players.  It's not like this drive happened at the end of the fourth quarter.  We still had plenty of time in the third.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Nah man I’m standing firm.  If you wanna say he had the wrong game plan or play calls that’s fine, but the guy is not a coward.

Lord. What he’s going through in his personal life never once crossed my mind when making that comment. His football decisions are not indicative of his life battles. I think his decision to kick the field goal and then totally just let the clock run out was cowardly. That in no way has to do with his battle with cancer and it’s honestly shocking that I have to explain this.