What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 8/10/2023 at 10:45 AM, TVScout said:

Rock solid gangster prison movie that explored the Donnie Brasco effect from a different angle. It is one of the rare movies that successfully hides the plot twist long enough for the viewer to maintain interest.

I've actually seen this too. It wasn't bad at all. 

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Tried to watch that korean reality zombie movie but it wasnt good. I gave up right away

Now trying emily the criminal

Its pretty good but definitely some things that take me out of it like

Spoiler

Really, the guy stays 5 months while the other guy never paid him

0fbbedd0-9ef0-4888-9f3f-a27461882461.jpg

It’s been several years since I’ve seen this and I enjoyed it more this time around. Once I got past the opening sequence of Tim Roth completely hamming it up that is. Yes, I know his character was shot but my goodness lol. Steve Buscemi steals the movie imo.  Helluva directorial debut by QT. 

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

0fbbedd0-9ef0-4888-9f3f-a27461882461.jpg

It’s been several years since I’ve seen this and I enjoyed it more this time around. Once I got past the opening sequence of Tim Roth completely hamming it up that is. Yes, I know his character was shot but my goodness lol. Steve Buscemi steals the movie imo.  Helluva directorial debut by QT. 

Thats actually legit

I ruptured my spleen once and i was driven to the hopsital and acted similarly to tim roth

Its spot on.

Hirt like a *****

65 was boring for a sci-fi action thriller.  This 90 minute movie felt like it should be 2 hours, explaining some plot points(what illness did his daughter have?  What was he going to find to help cure her? among others)  Also flesh out Mills and Koa some to make us care about them, that would make the chase and action scenes more exciting.  Avoid this one 1/10

Men was another awful movie.  I will say that Jessie Buckley was good in it, and I liked her performance in it.  But every male character is portrayed as creepy, scummy and overall a bad person.  I wouldn't mind of a couple characters were like that, but when every male character is presented in a bad light, that doesn't sit well for me.  Better than 2019 Black Christmas, but that's not saying much.  2/10

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 3:41 PM, thrILL! said:

Actually still my favorite QT movie. Endlessly rewatchable

On 8/5/2023 at 12:55 PM, Ozzy said:

Fact is there is a reason no one watched Freddy Got Fingered, no one remembers even if they watched it and few if any even wasted the time to watch it twice.    

This is so very wrong. I don't have a list made out but FGF would most definitely be very high on the list. Tom Green has never gotten enough credit for his work.

• Like 1

This past weekend:

Deep Impact: same as I always remember. The first two thirds is pretty damn good, and the last third is a muddled mess. 

No Way Out: I'd actually never seen this movie. Kinda surprised it had as high of a rating as it did. Wasn't bad (except maybe the last minute twist), just didn't see it getting a 7.1 on imdb.