The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

Whenever MM tries to get cute and say he’s smarter then the media and drafts projects way above draft value... smdh... should have been a red flag Ferrell didn’t want to do combine test, and played around all this talent in Clemson. Smdh... so much wasted assets these past few years. Hate how we always draft off of need instead of BPA 

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Smdh 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bucswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/23/nfl-tampa-bay-buccaneers-devin-white-tackles/amp/

can’t run the ball on the Bucs period. Up and coming defense and White looking like a star. 

It's 2 games and the Saints who we just made look average stuck 34 points on the Buccs with a clearly over the hill Drew Brees so I wouldn't start the victory lap just yet!

White looks like a good player, as does Allen, Burns, Sweat and a large number of others, doesn't mean Ferrell is a bust so early. A little penetration inside would no doubt help the ends a lot too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Whenever MM tries to get cute and say he’s smarter then the media and drafts projects way above draft value... smdh... should have been a red flag Ferrell didn’t want to do combine test, and played around all this talent in Clemson. Smdh... so much wasted assets these past few years. Hate how we always draft off of need instead of BPA 

16/22 starters are players that we've acquired with Mike Mayock as our GM though and we're 2-0. Ferrell was certainly a meh pick but we're getting good value from almost every other draft pick he has made. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

hes not bad, but not perfect. need to hit on top 5 picks. 

There's not a GM in the league that's perfect though. We went 7-9 last season and were in the playoff hunt in week 16. We look like we'll have a winning record and be a playoff team this season, what more do you want? 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Josh Allen also had 10 sacks as a rookie. 

That's kind of my point, he's been very quiet but we know he is a good pass rusher. Ferrell has had an ok game and an anonymous game but to be fair New Orleans has a great OL so too soon to call Josh Allen a flash in the pan and too soon to call Ferrell a bust. Ferrell has to start producing soon though as he doesn't have the benefit of having an eye catching rookie year.

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think it was his first pick, and we was trying to play it safe. Draft a productive college player, on a national title team. low floor type of player, but Ferrell might have a lower floor then initially thought. 

I think that's exactly it, he was trying to take a 'safe' player. 

DE was a glaring need, we had absolutely nothing there. So Mayock played it safe and went with the low floor of Ferrell. Wasnt mad at the time, its getting a little frustrating but the kid worked his *** off this off season and is a grinder. His time will come. He may never be an All-Pro but hell be a solid base end once he puts it all together. The good thing is Mayock has hit on a bunch of other picks and has stocked the roster with quality talent. So now we are out of the draft for need business, for the most part. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

To hit on top 5 picks 

I'm okay with whatever Mayock does. Feel like Jacobs, Abram, Mullen, Renfrow, Crosby, Moreau, Ruggs, Arnette, John Simpson, Bryan Edwards are all really good picks. Literally just listed 9 starters from just two draft classes. John Simpson the only backup but played in week 2 and was solid. Ferrell helped our 4th down stand to beat the Panthers in week 1. I'm seriously okay with Mayock if we continue to average 5 starters a season. Means we can develop in house and afford good players at all positions while augmenting certain positions with super stars to make us a playoff caliber team. Mayock is good. Best we've had in decades. I ain't complaining about nothing. Seriously, remember that time we drafted JaMarcus Russell.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm okay with whatever Mayock does. Feel like Jacobs, Abram, Mullen, Renfrow, Crosby, Moreau, Ruggs, Arnette, John Simpson, Bryan Edwards are all really good picks. Literally just listed 9 starters from just two draft classes. John Simpson the only backup but played in week 2 and was solid. Ferrell helped our 4th down stand to beat the Panthers in week 1. I'm seriously okay with Mayock if we continue to average 5 starters a season. Means we can develop in house and afford good players at all positions while augmenting certain positions with super stars to make us a playoff caliber team. Mayock is good. Best we've had in decades. I ain't complaining about nothing. Seriously, remember that time we drafted JaMarcus Russell.

and DHB, Rolando McClain, Mike Huff, Robert Gallery, DJ Hayden, Fabian Washington, etc lol yikes