Week 5: Los Angeles Chargers @ New York Giants

Acgott

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It was about time that Eli got one out receivers injured with his inaccurate short throws, but does so to our best player. Great. Then he outdoes himself by fumbling the next play. Eli is funny. 

How was that Eli’s fault?  And who cares that he fumbled after that.  Did you really want to win that game and hurt draft position?  

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

How was that Eli’s fault?  And who cares that he fumbled after that.  Did you really want to win that game and hurt draft position?  

I don’t blame Eli. But I wanted to win the game 

7 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Yes I wanted to win the game. And yeah I think Eli has some blame in that because he for some reason can't throw a short pass without it being high where a receiver has to unnecessarily leap of the ground. Obviously you can foresee the what will happen but somebody was bound to get hurt with those kind of passes 

If the record wasnt enough indication, losing 4/5 of our receiving corps, including Odell for most likely the season, is enough of a sign that the giants season is over. You wait all year then its over in 5 weeks. If you cant beat an 0-4 team that is traveling across the country at home, who can you beat? We are seriously at risk of going winless. What game on the schedule do we win? San Francisco maybe?

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If the record wasnt enough indication, losing 4/5 of our receiving corps, including Odell for most likely the season, is enough of a sign that the giants season is over. You wait all year then its over in 5 weeks. If you cant beat an 0-4 team that is traveling across the country at home, who can you beat? We are seriously at risk of going winless. What game on the schedule do we win? San Francisco maybe?

That is a great point about what you said we wait for endless months , for the start of the NFL season, and it is over in five weeks. It is a empty feeling.

Just now, Gmen said:

Wait.. how was it not Eli's fault?

He had no pressure and airballed a throw on a simple slant that OBJ had to go up to even get his hands on...

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Wait.. how was it not Eli's fault?

He had no pressure and airballed a throw on a simple slant that OBJ had to go up to even get his hands on...

It was high, but it’s not like he led him into a safety or something.  Receivers routinely go up make that grab and run.  Unfortunately obj had someone draped on him and landed on his foot. This is professional football.  Things happen 

A little high? A little high OBJ has to raise his arms to snag it... he had to stop the route, jump up and barely got his hands on it at the top of his jump. Call a spade a spade.. I've fought wars on this forum defending Eli. He's not very good anymore. His accuracy was never great but it's at an all time bad now. He's struggled throwing high his entire career. I get OBJ having to make circus catches 40 yards downfield.. but a 5 yard slant with no pressure. There's no damn excuse for airmailing that ball. Put the homerism away.

26 minutes ago, Acgott said:

You can’t blame Eli for a pass being a little high. It’s football. Injuries happen

Im not saying the injury is on him, but putting OBJ in a dangerots position is his fault. It's a slant, Odells feet shouldn't have to a centimetre off the ground.

Archived