2K20: Game #2 - Kansas City at Los Angeles Chargers

onejayhawk

Who is that #51 who lives in the SD backfield? Danna? Seriously? 

It's too bad I had to work and get the game on the bounce. I expected ugly, but yikes. Giving up a 17 play 10 minute drive. At least they prevented the TD. 

No kidding about the Butt Kicker. Also, no kidding about three 58 yarders. 

On to Baltimore on Monday night. 

Overall thoughts on the game.

1. My God, how many holding calls are you going to give? Call it both ways, ticky tack **** extended the game longer than it should have been.

2. That being said, they didnt' deserve to win this game. It honestly felt like for the first 3/4 of this game, LAC had Chiefs headsets. Gus Bradley was on the ball with his defensive calls, really well done.

3. Butker haha. 3 kicks, ice cold gets it done.

Obviously you take the win and move on, but damn that was not pretty.

I will say Fenton may be the one seeing less snaps when Breeland comes back,  Sneed was very impressive again.   

Danna looked good,  Jones still kills us against the run.. dude needs to quit turning sideways.   Albeit it doesn’t help we need to completely revamp the LB core.   Tackling as whole was awful, but man the LB’s kill us,  Neimann in particular can’t get anyone on the ground. 

13 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Jones still kills us against the run.. dude needs to quit turning sideways.   

My gosh was he terrible with that yesterday. He literally played into the oline's hands when they would open running lanes. About 3 times he knifed through where the lineman let him come through and he had no clue where the RB was.

I still think Perryman(?) should've been flagged for spiking Sammy.

A lot of griping by the announcers about Tyreek taking his helmet off but I rewatched the play and his helmet was already coming off. His whole face was exposed when he grabbed it

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

My gosh was he terrible with that yesterday. He literally played into the oline's hands when they would open running lanes. About 3 times he knifed through where the lineman let him come through and he had no clue where the RB was.

Been saying it for 2+ years now..  But he’ll make a flashy play in the run game every so often so it’ll make it look like he’s decent against the run.    Teams that just line up and run straight at him are smart,  he’s not discipline enough to hold his keys.   Only reason I was so against paying him top dollar.  

I will say our LB’s don’t help negate him doing this,  but he definitely makes their job more difficult against the run.   Ready for big Mike to get back in the rotation. 

• Like 2

I hope they wake up this week. Pennel will help the run D, but we need to start tackling. This actually looked like the second exhibition game. All that said, I expect the genuine PM II against the Ravens. I'm not sure who we had half the time these first two games.

Tyrod Taylor was not injured prior to the game. He was having chest pains and the team doctors sent him to the hospital. 😟
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/9/21/21449116/tyrod-taylors-mysterious-injury-before-chiefs-chargers-game-explained-nfl-justin-herbert

Justin Herbert may not give the job back. He played well. 

J

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I hope they wake up this week. Pennel will help the run D, but we need to start tackling. This actually looked like the second exhibition game. All that said, I expect the genuine PM II against the Ravens. I'm not sure who we had half the time these first two games.

Tyrod Taylor was not injured prior to the game. He was having chest pains and the team doctors sent him to the hospital. 😟
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/9/21/21449116/tyrod-taylors-mysterious-injury-before-chiefs-chargers-game-explained-nfl-justin-herbert

Justin Herbert may not give the job back. He played well. 

J

Lol Anthony Lynn basically said they lost because Herbert was starting over Tyrod, and that Tyrod is the starter. He’s an idiot 

Edited by Chiefer