Week 2: New York Giants @ Chicago Bears

Acgott

Tough loss yesterday. In more ways than one. Losing the game is hard but to lose Barkley for the season (more than likely) and SS gets hurt as well was bad. I know "almost doesn't count" but this team showed a ton of grit and fought hard to the very last play of the game. Gotta tip my hat to them for not packing it in. Tough one to swallow but so be it. We have alot of areas we have to improve upon. Daniel Jones im truly pissed at. Really am. Im sorry hes got 15 games under his belt now and he has had a turnover in every single one of em. This isn't remedied he better start worrying about his job security. Because that is not gonna fly with JJ. Oline and Dline had improved in the 2nd half, more notably the defence than the offence. Andrew Thomas once again with a bad miscommunication when his whiffed on Khalil Mack and gave up a sack but other than that another decent game from him. And Cam Fleming having his qbs back from that hit from Smith lit a fire under them. The run blocking was better in the 2nd half minus Saquon. I know i'm gonna ruffle a few feathers saying this but i'm not surprised. Saquon has to stop dancing so much before he hits the line. Go at the hole and burst thru.  Hell have a whole year off to view how to improve his game. He's too talented not to. We also dont really have a true pass rusher. The sacks we got on Trubisky really came from the coverage sustained downfield against the Bears WRs. The dline was getting pushed around too much and its getting old. That line for all its size.. is just that. Size. Didn't see anything other than them getting blown off the ball to make Montgomery look like Gale Sayers back there. They got angry and came out better in the 2nd half but where is the consistency?? Lot of problems right now. They showed grit and i still believe this team is headed in the right direction but alot of work to be done. 

My star of this game was by far and large James Bradberry. He has truly been our best defensive player so far in this young season and i think as of right now is playing at a pro bowl level. Really wish the rest of the defence could follow suit. 

My comeback player from last week is clearly Evan Engram, had a solid game to bring his stock back up but he has to be able to bring it consistently. 

My dud of the game is Daniel Jones. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. GOT. TO. STOP. His WRs did have some bad drops but u have to roll with it and move forward. Not all WRs are gonna make every single catch. 

Edited by Giants4eva

23 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Andrew Thomas once again with a bad miscommunication when his whiffed on Khalil Mack and gave up a sack but other than that another decent game from him.

I've been waiting to see more analysis on him from this week. On the surface it seemed like he had a clean game again. If I'm thinking of the miscommunication play you're referencing, it seemed like someone else's miscommunication. He had Mack and the interior guy both on him. Hernandez had clearly picked someone else up and Thomas had to make a choice. That play was puzzling but I haven't seen anyone else mention it. We could also be talking about different plays though.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, Giants4eva said:

My comeback player from last week is clearly Evan Engram, had a solid game to bring his stock back up but he has to be able to bring it consistently. 

Seems like a lot of empty stats to me. Talented enough to make some nice plays when we're playing from behind and he can just use his athleticism but he's not consistent. Makes boneheaded plays, we all know he can't block well, idk. I'm kinda over him. Just give me a gritty guy that can make some key catches and keep the defense honest. I'll give comeback player to Fleming. He was on Mack often as well and held up. Relatively quiet game from him, which they desperately need. You have to wonder if the Nick Gates experiment may be over in another few weeks though..

On 9/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, Giants4eva said:

My dud of the game is Daniel Jones. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. GOT. TO. STOP. His WRs did have some bad drops but u have to roll with it and move forward. Not all WRs are gonna make every single catch. 

It's frustrating man. On one hand, you have the ball popped into the air for an easy interception but a trend is a trend at this point. He has to stop double-pumping in the pocket (that's what she said). If the OL was better, sure take a couple extra seconds but you don't have that OL. Two reads and bail unless you're in desperation mode. But on the other hand this dude is deadly accurate. He's not throwing errant Eli INTs. When he has time he consistently throws a perfect ball.

5 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

It's frustrating man. On one hand, you have the ball popped into the air for an easy interception but a trend is a trend at this point. He has to stop double-pumping in the pocket (that's what she said). If the OL was better, sure take a couple extra seconds but you don't have that OL. Two reads and bail unless you're in desperation mode. But on the other hand this dude is deadly accurate. He's not throwing errant Eli INTs. When he has time he consistently throws a perfect ball.

The duality of Daniel Jones.  He's a good passer, but hasn't shown the ability to eliminate costly mistakes. 

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

The duality of Daniel Jones.  He's a good passer, but hasn't shown the ability to eliminate costly mistakes. 

The fumble I'd say is his fault. The interception wasn't. Engram is just bad and completely slipped at the absolute worst time. But yeah, he needs to fix that part of his game asap.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The fumble I'd say is his fault. The interception wasn't. Engram is just bad and completely slipped at the absolute worst time. But yeah, he needs to fix that part of his game asap.

There was something wrong with that field, Engram was not the only player that slipped out there. He is a good player that improved a lot from last week, I think he will improve even more this week. As for DJ I am going to cut him some slack, he is only a second year QB  learning a brand new offensive system and is still behind a below average o-line and has played against good defensive teams. Given the that 49ers are another good defensive team I am willing to bet he is going to do the same thing, have mostly a good game with several errors some of them costly.

4 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

There was something wrong with that field, Engram was not the only player that slipped out there. He is a good player that improved a lot from last week, I think he will improve even more this week. As for DJ I am going to cut him some slack, he is only a second year QB  learning a brand new offensive system and is still behind a below average o-line and has played against good defensive teams. Given the that 49ers are another good defensive team I am willing to bet he is going to do the same thing, have mostly a good game with several errors some of them costly.

When healthy, the 49ers are a good defense. Im not sure they will be a good defense on Sunday. They will be without Dee Ford, Bosa, DJ Jones, Sherman, possibly another DL I forget the name of, and maybe even Greenlaw. Thats most of their firepower. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, minutemancl said:

When healthy, the 49ers are a good defense. Im not sure they will be a good defense on Sunday. They will be without Dee Ford, Bosa, DJ Jones, Sherman, possibly another DL I forget the name of, and maybe even Greenlaw. Thats most of their firepower. 

Yep Soloman Thomas. Hes out for the season I think