BDL Week 2 - Singapore Sentinels @ Lancaster Werewolves

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Lancaster Werewolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2020 Week 2

Match:  Singapore Sentinels @Lancaster Werewolves

Away Owner: @SirA1

Home Owner: @rackcs

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Singapore Sentinels
QB: Tom Brady
RB1: CEH
WR1: Keenan Allen 
WR2: Anthony Miller
WR3: Lavishka Shenault Jr.
TE1: Darren Waller
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Bradley Bozeman
😄 Eric McCoy 
RG: Nate Davis
RT: Matt Feiler 
--------------------
RB2: Kareem Hunt
RB3: Chris Carson 
RB4: Latavius Murray
TE2: Darren Fells
WR4: Cole Beasley
WR5: Mecole Hardman
WR6: Darnell Mooney  
OL6: Jack Conklin

DE: Chandler Jones
DT: Aaron Donald 
DT: Matt Ioannidis 
DE: Preston Smith
MLB: Deion Jones
WLB: K.J. Wright
CB: Kyle Fuller
CB:  Quinton Dunbar
NCB: Jonathan Jones
S: John Johnson III
S: Tracy Walker III
--------------------
DE3: Ryan Anderson  
DE4: Ben Banogu
DL3: Bilal Nichols
DL4: Roy Robertson-Harris
LB3: Kevin Pierre-Louis 
CB4: K’Waun Williams  
CB5: Rashad Fenton
S3: Desmond King II  

Motivation - Take advantage of a weakened Loup Garou squad and get the first road win of the year.

Offensive Strategy

Formations:  Bunch formation trips / 2TE/ 2 RB
Scheme:  Pass (60%) vs Run (40%)

Rushing
Position Depth:  CEH / Kareem Hunt / Chris Carson / Latavius Murray “The Four Hoursemen”

Going with the hot hand in CEH (50%) this week. He is as elusive a running back as we have ever had and his shiftiness will create yards after contact to prime our running game. Kenny Clark’s injury opens up the middle of the road for CEH to move the chains. Hunt and Carson are threats both in the run game and passing game out of the backfield or in the slot. They will get about 20-25% of the carries each with Latavius Murray getting short yardage or Goal line duties as needed.

Lancaster has a strong secondary so we will use the run to set up the pass and would put our stable of backs up against any in BDL. Laviska Shenault Jr. will get a couple of jet sweeps and a wildcat play or two to surprise the Werewolves. 

When not using bunch formations we will run 2 RB in the backfield to freeze the LBs, with CEH paired with either Hunt or Carson.

Passing
Using bunch formation trips this week, allowing option routes designed to find space against the Lancaster coverage.  Brady will be employing a quick passing game that includes our backs on swing and flat routes.  While our receiving core of Keenan Allen/WR, Anthony Miller/WR, Laviska Shenault Jr./Slot and Darren Waller/TE flood the field with a variety of routes (slants, crossing, dig and fly primarily). The Bunch formation will consist of 2 WR and Waller on one side alternating any 3 of our WR who can play all the WR spots. If Lancaster is in a man coverage this should confuse them enough to get a WR open for Brady. Otherwise, whatever spot is open in the zone will be targeted.  

In 2 TE formations the two Darrens will look to bewitch the Werewolves and open things up in the seam. Fells is an excellent blocker and red zone target to pair with Waller’s field stretching ability.

We can spread things out as well with additional WR in burner Darnell Mooney, Hardman or Beasley. There won’t be any miscommunication with our WR and Brady as none of our guys are Divas and they bring their lunch pails to work.

Conklin will be an emergency only play  this week off the bench with Feiler sliding to his old RT spot.

Defensive Strategy

Formation:  4-2-5 Defense | 3-3-5 / 3-2-6

The Pass Rush
We have lots of silver bullets on the DL to put pressure on Stafford, our former QB. We will look to collapse the pocket and not give Lancaster time to throw. Aaron Donald is known to be a monster and game wrecker all on his own. Paired this week with the “Greek Freak” Ioannidis, a player that gets his own fair share of pressure, should give the Werewolves OL a spot of trouble. They will rotate with Nichols and RHH to keep things fresh. Getting Aaron Donald involved in stunt blitzes and just letting him do what he does best in the 3 tech. 

Chandler Jones and Preston Smith crash the edges and we will be bringing blitz packages from secondary and backer positions.  While we’ve got great respect for most of this Lancaster offensive line, it does have a potential weak spot on the right side with Johnson not 100%.  So we’ll look to exploit those areas by keeping the pressure on for the bulk of the game. 

Deion Jones will be a spy on Alvin Kamara in both the run game and pass to limit his impact. Jones is a top 5 LB in the league despite some comments from last week. The depth off the bench in Quinn and Anderson will make sure that Stafford has no time and nowhere to run all day. Kamara proved last week (1.33 AVG) he is stoppable in the run game and all our DL can make those stops. 

Pass Defense - Scheme:  Cover 3 
We respect Lancaster’s running game but we know that the real strength of this team lies within their quality at receiver. Mike Evans is banged up but will give it a go this week. Tight end Kittle being out means Jonnu Smith is the only effective TE to defend this week. A.J. Green is cooked and likely  not 100% back from being out last season. Sanders is likely the slot WR this week. We are confident that our secondary is up to the task of preventing this passing game from developing this week.   
Our main defensive formation will consist of the 4-2-5 (Nickel). In my opinion, this formation is putting our best 11 on the field thus giving our defense the best chance to dismantle their passing game.   This formation also provides our defense more flexibility in blitz packages getting safety, inside backers and even the inside corner at times involved against a pretty good offensive line in tackles Stanley and rookie Andrew Thomas.

Tracy Walker gets double coverage over the top on Evans with Dunbar underneath to take him away as Staffords main weapon. John Johnson has deep overage and is the last line of defense. Fuller will have Green, Jonathan Jones on Sanders and K.J. Wright on the TE.

Coverage Assignments:
·         A.J. Green / Kyle Fuller - CB
·         Mike Evans / Quinton Dunbar - CB + Tracy Walker SS
·         Emmanuel Sanders / Jonathan Jones - CB
·         Jonnu Smith / K.J. Wright-LB

Lancaster Werewolves

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB1: Alvin Kamara
WR1: Mike Evans
WR2: Emmanuel Sanders
WR3: Diontae Johnson
TE: Jonnu Smith
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Quenton Nelson
😄 Frank Ragnow
RG: Connor McGovern
RT: Lane Johnson

RB2: Miles Sanders
RB3: Ronald Jones II
WR4: Willie Snead V
WR5: A.J. Green
WR6: Breshad Perriman
TE2: Logan Thomas
OL: Riley Reiff
OL: Gabe Jackson

DE: Joey Bosa
DT: Linval Joseph
DT: Jarran Reed
DE: T.J. Watt
LB: Bobby Wagner
LB: Fred Warner
LB: Anthony Barr
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Jaire Alexander
FS: Eddie Jackson
SS: Jonathan Abram

INT: Javon Kinlaw
INT: Steve McLendon
EDGE: Clelin Ferrell
EDGE: Trent Murphy
SCB: Chris Harris Jr.
CB: Malcolm Butler (Q)
CB: Kevin King
S: Vonn Bell

Lancaster Offensive Strategy: We’re missing a big piece of our offense this week with George Kittle being out but we feel that we have more than enough weapons to get things done against this Singapore defense. We feel that Singapore’s secondary is good but certainly can be beat if we attack it right. Our plan for this matchup is to establish the run early on and then use that to open up the passing game later on. By establishing the run we will also be limiting the Singapore pass rush as they’ll have to be wary of the run.

The Passing Strategy: At the beginning of the game we’re going to be doing a lot of short stuff just to keep the chains moving as we work on establishing the running game. During this time we particularly want to look towards Diontae Johnson and get him on some quick slants or bubble screens where he can get the ball in space, make some moves, and get some big gains. As the game opens up we’re going to let our guys do what they do best and taking some shots downfield. We expect the Stafford to Evans connection to really thrive during this time. Emmanuel Sanders is getting the start this week but we’ll be utilizing Snead and Green plenty, rotating them in as needed. We hope that by establishing a good rotation, our receivers will be fresh once we start opening up the passing game while the Singapore secondary is starting to get gassed.

The Running Strategy: Kamara didn’t get as much work as he should have last week with us going very pass heavy but this week he’s going to be the lynch pin of the offense. He’ll be getting work early on in the run game but also getting plenty of touches in the passing game as well. We’re especially going to be getting him runs to the outside to avoid that interior DL. Quenton Nelson is one of the best pullers in the league so this will be playing to his strengths. This is also where Kamara thrives as he can hit the corner and turn on the jets. So as to not tire him out, early on he’s going to be splitting touches plenty with Sanders and Jones. Once we start passing more Kamara will stay in more with Sanders mostly coming in to get some of the 3rd down touches.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy: Like with our offense, we’re missing a key defensive player in Kenny Clark. We won’t be able to replace his dominant run defense and pass rush with a single player but by rotating Linval Joseph and Javon Kinlaw situationally, we should be able to at least fill those roles at a serviceable level. We know that Singapore loves to run the ball so we’re going to be working to stop that this week. We’re going to be going base 4-3 instead of our normal 4-2-5 look. We feel confident in our secondary against these weapons so we’re going to be giving them minimal help in order to help shut down the run game.

The Pass Defense Strategy: Keenan Allen is a very good receiver, Anthony Miller is a nice up and comer, and Darren Waller is a nice TE. Other than that, there’s not a ton to be scared of as far as the Singapore receiving options go. Jalen Ramsey will be going on Keenan Allen while Jaire Alexander will cover Anthony Miller. While they’ll still get some receptions, I trust those two guys to limit their effectiveness in the passing game. We want them to play some heavy press against them to upset their timing. Brady is all about those quick strikes reliant on great timing by his receivers. By pressing them at the line we’ll be able to throw off their routes a bit and disrupt that timing Brady likes. To protect against our guys ever getting beat off the press, we’re going to have Eddie Jackson playing a deep zone to catch any guys who get by. Chris Harris will come in for Barr when there are 3 receiver sets and should be able to cover Cole Beasley handily. Bobby Wagner will be covering Darren Waller and Anthony Barr will handle Witten or Fells or whoever starts at TE2. Jonathan Abram will draw the start at SS after a good week 1 and will be playing up in the box and covering whichever RB if he comes out of the backfield. Fred Warner will be playing a zone over the middle of the field. Wagner and Barr will be playing a little bit further out to help limit runs to the edge. For the pass rush, we expect to have success with minimal blitzing against what we view as a mediocre OL. Even without Kenny Clark we think we’ll be having success against them. Bosa and Watt always feast.

The Run Defense Strategy: We expect a run heavy offense this week so we’re going to make sure to use a nice rotation on the inside of our DL to keep our guys fresh. We aren’t sure which RB is getting the start this week although we’re expecting CEH. Whoever it is we expect that their OL won’t get much push against our DL. We’ve got two great EDGE guys and an interior DL that thrives on stopping the run. Beyond that we’ve got 8 guys in the box when Singapore isn’t in a 3 WR set so we’re going to have lots of guys looking to stop the ball. A lot of Singapore’s passing success comes from setting up the run so by limiting them on the ground we feel that we can limit their offense as a whole.

I really like this Singapore team. Screw SirA1 but I like the team. But I also really like this Lancaster team. I like the weapons for Brady. I like the weapons for Stafford. Love the defense for Lancaster. Singapore has a great defense also. Dunbar looks good as well. Very good matchup. 

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I'm just glad he completely forgot that Jonnu Smith was playing this week in his gameplan.

I mean for a guy that doesn’t really read gameplans you want him to list every player from his lineup and how he is going to use them in the gameplan? He’s in his starting lineup. I’m sure he is going to utilize him at some point from that position when the team is used to having Kittle they wouldn’t just ignore the position in their offense. He should probably have just mentioned his name at least but this coming from you is rich.

21 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I mean for a guy that doesn’t really read gameplans you want him to list every player from his lineup and how he is going to use them in the gameplan? He’s in his starting lineup. I’m sure he is going to utilize him at some point from that position when the team is used to having Kittle they wouldn’t just ignore the position in their offense. He should probably have just mentioned his name at least but this coming from you is rich.

I've been dinged for stuff like this in the past which is one of the reasons I think making everything about the game plan is dumb. Also now I am getting crap for reading game plans so that is encouraging.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I've been dinged for stuff like this in the past which is one of the reasons I think making everything about the game plan is dumb. Also now I am getting crap for reading game plans so that is encouraging.

If you think it’s dumb why bring it up? Because it can benefit you? I want you to be consistent. A complaint about something “missing in a gameplan” against you but not even bothering to read other matchup game plans holds no weight with me.

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I'm just glad he completely forgot that Jonnu Smith was playing this week in his gameplan.

He's in my starting lineup. What did you want me to say, something vague like "We'll be getting him the ball some too?" He's not the focal point of our offense or someone that we're going to be doing anything special with but obviously if he's on the field he'll be utilized in some way. It's not like we put him out there to stand around when the ball gets snapped.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

If you think it’s dumb why bring it up? Because it can benefit you? I want you to be consistent. A complaint about something “missing in a gameplan” against you but not even bothering to read other matchup game plans holds no weight with me.

Because it's important to some people when voting. You obviously care more about game plans than I do. That's not going to change. 

I'll stop now this back and forth bickering is the worst part of bdl in my opinion and has made me want to quit more than once over the years.

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Because it's important to some people when voting. You obviously care more about game plans than I do. That's not going to change. 

I'll stop now this back and forth bickering is the worst part of bdl in my opinion and has made me want to quit more than once over the years.

If what I’ve said in this thread has compared to the things that made you want to quit I don’t know what to tell you. I didn’t say anything offensive. 

9 hours ago, SirA1 said:

No one said make it all about the gameplan. But making it all about the roster and not really even considering the gameplan to me is equally dumb. Also... reading the gameplan helps ppl to know who is being used in what ways and who is not. Just saying.

Going sing sing here. I think this is a close defensive game with inside DL for Singapore and edge rushers for Lancaster ruining opposing offenses. But I think sing sing running game gives them the ability to get some drives going and better field positions which leads to a couple of additional field goals. 16 10 Sentinels

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Going sing sing here. I think this is a close defensive game with inside DL for Singapore and edge rushers for Lancaster ruining opposing offenses. But I think sing sing running game gives them the ability to get some drives going and better field positions which leads to a couple of additional field goals. 16 10 Sentinels

He forgot about Diontae Johnson in Lancasters line up though!! 

I like how Lancaster matches up here, and they have the corners to press the Sing sing players. Sing sing counters that well with bunch concepts and option routes. Brady feeds on option routes, and I think most other QB's don't have the experience running those can run into major issues getting quick passes out on option routes against a good secondary, but Brady is one of the few that thrives on it. 

It literally looks like SirA forgot about Diontae Johnson, but he'll be getting the attention AJ Green was commanding so I think he survives. 

The best battle here is the Sing Sing DL vs the Lancaster OL, and I think in the end Stafford gets beat up a little more and loses a tight one.

• Like 1