BDL 2020 Week 2 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

Oklahoma City EF5s @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 04:01 AM

A lot closer talent wise than I thought it would be, but Berlin has the advantage.  I liked Berlin's game plan better even though I don't know about DLaw playing inside in a NASCAR.  Blue showing some rust, think you needed to go a bit more in depth on Mahomes with regards to specifics of routes or situational exploitation to take advantage of his unique talents.  Berlin in this one.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You have 3 CBs healthy without Rock (Joyner plays CB but is a S by nature). Because he’s your number one CB that’s a huge loss.

I'm Byron and Gladney outside as their playing sides, same as week 1 with Joyner in the slot(where he plays IRL).  

I am in no way saying Rock and Kendall not playing is ideal...but at least I schemed to sit both my safeties in Cover 2.  I admitted in my write up I may have a question and a half at CB, but both my safeties are playing excellently.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm Byron and Gladney outside as their playing sides, same as week 1 with Joyner in the slot(where he plays IRL).  

I am in no way saying Rock and Kendall not playing is ideal...but at least I schemed to sit both my safeties in Cover 2.  I admitted in my write up I may have a question and a half at CB, but both my safeties are playing excellently.

I like Thornhill a lot. I’ve watched Winfield twice in two games and he is a baller.

That being said, it’s a lot of pressure against a guy like Mahomes. I do think the road team is missing some key pieces but that matchup is pretty juicy. They have the OL to keep him upright too.

Just now, MD4L said:

I like Thornhill a lot. I’ve watched Winfield twice in two games and he is a baller.

That being said, it’s a lot of pressure against a guy like Mahomes. I do think the road team is missing some key pieces but that matchup is pretty juicy. They have the OL to keep him upright too.

That's completely fair.  

I think getting Kendall Fuller and Rock back will be a huge boost for my secondary(hopefully this week).  Joyner is what he is and Gladney didn't have the most impressive debut.  But I have everyone playing press with safeties sitting over the top.  So at least they can be aggressive.

This is super close, but it ultimately comes down to OKC not having the troops available. Berlin's secondary is ugly with the two corners being ruled out and I think OKC can move the ball pretty well for the majority of the game, but Berlin keeps the ball moving down the field too and in a tightly fought game during a season where depth is more important than ever, the deeper and more versatile team will prevail. Berlin takes it at home 35-31.

I agree that Mahomes and the OKC WR group is going to feast on Berlin's secondary. I think if you played this game 10 times that alone might be enough to win it a few times. But ultimately I think the depth on OKC's defense just isn't there and the group is going to get gassed down the stretch combined with already being subpar in some areas. Berlin ends up taking this one but I strongly considered going OKC.