BDL 2020 Week 2 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

Oklahoma City EF5s @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 04:01 AM

I really like the weapon set up for Mahomes. I think those receivers are great matches for what Mahomes can do with different skill sets. Mixon is running behind a garbage oline in Cincy too. However Aaron Jones went off and I don’t think the OKC defense is very good against the run. Jarrad Davis is underwhelming.

Rags has to replace two of the starting corners in his lineup with Gladney and Joyner. I hear constantly from Raiders fan how Joyner needs to move back to FS but at least he will be playing for Rags the position he starts for LV in real life. Quinnen Williams had himself a very nice game and really flashed that overall 3rd pick potential and that should benefit Berlin. I understand starting Irv for personnel purposes and should help the offense but it’s almost like starting a FB at this point with his 2 catches for 14 yards so far this season. 

Fun matchup. 

Man I felt sorry for both owners here. Good gameplan hindered by huge roster difficulties. 

I think the first half is kind of an observation round. OKC doesn't truly open up their passing game and Berlin has a tough time running a heavier DL. Once OKC dl is gassed and that OKC starts playing more 4 WR sets though it's open scoring. 

I think the small difference here is that I believe Berlin can get a positive play or two on defense through their pass rush and they might have a better chance of stopping OKC in the red zone. 

31-27 Berlin

Damn this one is hard. Will Berlin be able to keep up with 3 WR sets against Pat Mahomes with only 3 active CB's and will OKC be able to keep gas in the tank of the heavy defensive front they brought out with only OL to get a snap or two to replace them against a high powered offense?? I'll have to come back to this one.

Mixon is going to get exhausted with White being out this week and OKC running a 60% running game in the first half. I think the second half will let him recoop a bit while OKC's passing game comes alive with Berlin's lack of secondary. 

I think in the end the really unfortunate timing of injuries on the back end against Mahomes is going to do Berlin in. That, plus Blue getting creative with Woods (he scored on a rush this week IRL too) is going to factor in. Best game of the week for me, going OKC.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PR said:

Mixon is going to get exhausted with White being out this week and OKC running a 60% running game in the first half. I think the second half will let him recoop a bit while OKC's passing game comes alive with Berlin's lack of secondary. 

I don't expect anyone to take this into account when they vote, but we would probably manage this by having Cobb and Woods handle a few carries out of the backfield. Obviously not ideal but at least those guys have some experience doing that.

I have a couple questions that should be answered but I think the road team has some major mismatches on the outside because Ya-Sin is not playing. I don’t see them stopping Allen Robinson, or any of these outside threats. OKC features a strong defense but the LBs and offensive lineman rotating in at DL is a major problem against Aaron Jones who is rolling. Mixon was near an elite level last year and though he hasn’t been nearly as good yet can catch the ball and handle a massive workload so the White injury is nullified a little bit. I don’t know about Woods starting in the backfield but Cobb has somewhat of an extensive history at RB with McCarthy at HC.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:55 PM, rackcs said:

We have a number of OL activated as emergency DL for this game; they don’t have to play well, they’re just there to soak up snaps to keep the starters healthy. We’re hoping to get 2-3 snaps out of each of the emergency DL (DL6-8).

@Blue not a recommended strategy in the future.