Week 3: Jaguars (1-1) vs Miami Dolphins (0-2)

.Buzz

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

It really doesn't matter who you have running routes out there.  Fins have Xavien Howard able to cover and then............not really anybody else.  Noah Igbinoghene has tools galore, but he's the youngest player in the NFL and is really raw still.  Zero pass rush to speak of, so Minshew will have all the time in the world to wait for the receivers to inevitably get open.  

But it looks like the Jags have the same issues on defense, so this may be a fun one to watch.  

Our run defense has looked vastly improved. 

Ill take the jags cb trio tho cuz henderson is legit, herndon proved hes an adequate 2, and hayden has proved hes a reliable nb. 

Jags pass rush on paper should be better then what they have produced tho it does need to be said we faced the best ol in the nfl(colts) amd an average(titans were ranked 15th) prior to the start of the season. That being said it seems our dc is more willing to blitz when the situation calls for it so ull get some man coverage. 

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Our run defense has looked vastly improved. 

Ill take the jags cb trio tho cuz henderson is legit, herndon proved hes an adequate 2, and hayden has proved hes a reliable nb. 

Jags pass rush on paper should be better then what they have produced tho it does need to be said we faced the best ol in the nfl(colts) amd an average(titans were ranked 15th) prior to the start of the season. That being said it seems our dc is more willing to blitz when the situation calls for it so ull get some man coverage. 

Yeah, you don't have to worry about Miami running the ball.  The rookie-laden Oline can't run block very well right now.  But they have been surprisingly good at pass-blocking.  I honestly think the combined score tonight is going to be over 60, very likely in the Jags' favor.

8 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, you don't have to worry about Miami running the ball.  The rookie-laden Oline can't run block very well right now.  But they have been surprisingly good at pass-blocking.  I honestly think the combined score tonight is going to be over 60, very likely in the Jags' favor.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. 

Two youngest teams in the NFL right now. Fitz always has random insane games. Our D is not good. We'll see what happens.

Doesn't help our kicker just got out on IR. No idea who this backup even is outside of being super meh in college.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wouldn't be too sure about that. 

Two youngest teams in the NFL right now. Fitz always has random insane games. Our D is not good. We'll see what happens.

Doesn't help our kicker just got out on IR. No idea who this backup even is outside of being super meh in college.

Fitz can throw for 400 and 3 TDs but it won't matter much.  Miami's D is just as bad right now.  This should actually be a really fun game to watch.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

Fitz can throw for 400 and 3 TDs but it won't matter much.  Miami's D is just as bad right now.  This should actually be a really fun game to watch.

That's the whole thing though, neither D is stopping much/prone to allowing big plays.

Really just depends on who has more opportunities/has the least amount of turnovers.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

This doesn't bode well for the team starting Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I see what you're trying to do here but I've been hurt too much to have expectations of a win.

This team is just too young/inexperienced for me to expect a win against any team.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I see what you're trying to do here but I've been hurt too much to have expectations of a win.

This team is just too young/inexperienced for me to expect a win against any team.

Haha.  I think both our fanbases have this same mindset.  Assume a loss.  Hope for a win, but don't be upset as long as the young guys show development and nobody gets hurt.

• Like 1