49ers finalizing deal with Ziggy Ansah

mw2noobbuster

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29938641/san-francisco-49ers-finalizing-deal-ziggy-ansah-nick-bosa-most-likely-acl-injury

"The San Francisco 49ers are finalizing a one-year deal with free-agent defensive end Ziggy Ansah after Nick Bosa suffered a likely ACL injury, a source tells ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. The deal is expected to be finalized this week after Ansah passes COVID-19 protocols, the source said."

55 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I think he played some DE on the Rams. I'm not completely sure, though. 

No, that was when Phiilips was still their DC so he was still playing OLB

Neither Matthews(34) nor Wake(36) are really a upgrade imo. Their just as 'meh' as Ansah at this stage in their career.

Anybody still on the street at this point is there for a reason. I'd be more inclined to see what we do at the trade deadline and seeing what edge guys may be possibly on the move. I don't expect guys like Ansah to be the answer. More like playable depth.

Edited by 757-NINER

10 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Anybody still on the street at this point is there for a reason. I'd be more inclined to see what we do at the trade deadline and seeing what edge guys may be possibly on the move. I don't expect guys like Ansah to be the answer. More like playable depth.

I really don't think there will be any pass rusher worth trading for this deadline. 

Pass rushers are expensive, and we are already short on draft capital and money, so even though the window is wide open we will probably have to hold firm this year. 

Should have drafted multiple young edge rushers to develop over the last few years. Why we ignored one of the most important positions in football I will never understand 

Hopefully this is a wake up call. I have zero issue with drafting a DLman in the first again this year if it's an edge rusher 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Should have drafted multiple young edge rushers to develop over the last few years. Why we ignored one of the most important positions in football I will never understand

Been saying it for YEARS. Pass-rushers and CBs should be drafted every year, just because. Instead we take a WR every draft. 

• Like 1

I caught a little crap for suggesting our DE depth was awful in the lead up to the draft and suggesting we should draft an edge guy in the early to mid rounds. This was my fear. We know Ford can't stay healthy and obviously Bosa had his history. I really hope this doesn't cost us our season. We are really going to need to draft an edge player early next year, especially with Ford showing that last year wasn't just bad luck. 

• Like 1