Ionnidis Done for the Year

RSkinGM

Brutal turn of events. Hard not to love the big Greek. 

Something of a reminder of why depth is so critical, especially on the DL. No team could be much deeper than we are at DT — and then one freak twist of an arm, and now we’re probably going to be giving snaps next week to a guy who currently isn’t on the roster. 

Time for Jonathan Allen to earn that contract extension. And best wishes to Ioannidis on a quick recovery and full-strength return for 2021.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

That guy we drafted rd 7 .. can he move inside / tackle. He's list as an end. James Smith-Williams

I think he could kick inside in a pass-rushing role, but I don’t know that he could hold up there for any period of time as a full-time DT. He showed up to NC State at a whopping 195 pounds as a freshman, and he’s already transformed his body tremendously to get himself to up to 265 pounds by draft day. He’s chiseled, but he’s tall — I don’t know that it’s realistic to expect him to be able to hold up inside at a lanky, long-limbed 265 pounds. 

I really like the kid, and I was a big fan of the draft pick. To me, though, he’s a prospect for a strong side DE position — probably not inside, at least not without another year or two to add even more weight and lower body strength. 

I wonder if they’ll consider bringing back Ryan Bee (or if they’re even allowed to do so after waiving him with an injury settlement). There’s always been a little buzz about him, pun intended, and now he’d actually have a path to some snaps. 

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think he could kick inside in a pass-rushing role, but I don’t know that he could hold up there for any period of time as a full-time DT. He showed up to NC State at a whopping 195 pounds as a freshman, and he’s already transformed his body tremendously to get himself to up to 265 pounds by draft day. He’s chiseled, but he’s tall — I don’t know that it’s realistic to expect him to be able to hold up inside at a lanky, long-limbed 265 pounds. 

I really like the kid, and I was a big fan of the draft pick. To me, though, he’s a prospect for a strong side DE position — probably not inside, at least not without another year or two to add even more weight and lower body strength. 

I wonder if they’ll consider bringing back Ryan Bee (or if they’re even allowed to do so after waiving him with an injury settlement). There’s always been a little buzz about him, pun intended, and now he’d actually have a path to some snaps. 

Ryan Bee was my first thought. "Snacks" is out there. Always seemed to torment us !

22 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We have five first round picks on our Dline and I'd argue Ioannidis (who wasn't) is the best player on the line.

He has been I don’t think he is anymore but he is an amazing player reguardless of round. Honestly we’ve done the exact opposite on our DL that we have our OL. Draft well lol. But we will see this is a costly injury hopefully he’s back to his normal self next season.