Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m thinking Snyder got duped again or if he planned on bringing Rivera aboard Cam should’ve been a part of the package. Rivera never could win without him. 

I think part of the reason Rivera was hired was bc Dan wanted a coach who would give Haskins a chance. So, Snyder wanted no parts of a HC coming in that wouldn’t start Haskins.

I think at this point it’s unfair to say Rivera can’t win w/o Cam. Yeah, Rivera couldn’t win with back up QBs after Cam got hurt in Carolina and so far Haskins hasn’t played well enough as basically still a rookie for Rivera to win with him, but that could change. 

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I think part of the reason Rivera was hired was bc he wanted a coach who would give Haskins a chance.

I think at this point it’s unfair to say Rivera can’t win w/o Cam. Yeah, Rivera couldn’t win with back up QBs after Cam got hurt in Carolina and so far Haskins hasn’t played well enough as basically still a rookie for Rivera to win with him, but that could change. 

I mean, it’s totally fair to say it. He nearly lost his job multiple times. The guy could not win without Cam Newton. It’s why he wasn’t high on my list of coaching candidates. 

1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

another abysmal game by haskins, the dump off king. 

Disagree 100%

He was unspectacular, but far from abysmal.

He managed the game well and executed what the coaches drew up for him. Its very clear what Turner designed for him, dink and dunk is the epitome of west coast offenses.

I think Haskins progressed (a lot from last week, especially going through his reads), but there is still a long way to go.

Edited by Slappy Mc

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I love that somehow Scott Turner is Teflon in this situation. Go ahead and bench Dwayne but this is his offense. Allen won’t be running a different offense. 

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Very true, if I remember correctly this Washington team beat the Panthers and that offense last year bc we shut down Allen and Turner’s offense after the first quarter.

Arguably, using the first offseason to build an offense to run Turner’s scheme, which looks like it’s something out of the Pac 10, is going to backfire on us. 

Watching how this is going, I’m feeling as though letting KOC walk and hiring Norv’s kid may end up being the biggest mistake (of many) made this offseason.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, it’s totally fair to say it. He nearly lost his job multiple times. The guy could not win without Cam Newton. It’s why he wasn’t high on my list of coaching candidates. 

Well yeah bc he didn’t have his starting QB. How many coaches win a lot of games with back up QBs?

The only ones who come to mind are Belichick, Mike Tomlin and Joe Gibbs.

Edited by turtle28