GDT: Bills (4-0) at Titans (3-0)

Titans fan 617

10 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I wasnt a fan of the contract, thought it was too much... but man, it's carried over. Ultimately the questions won't be fully put to rest until the playoffs, but hes proving to be worth every penny so far.

And the crazy thing is that while regression is a possibility, he's been doing this through some adversity so far.  Henry hasn't kicked until fall/ winter mode... he hasn't had his full compliment of starting receivers since week 1... Lewan has been in and out of the lineup... and the covid fiasco. Its possible they kick it into gear if they can get ask the pieces back together. Crazy considering averting 30+ to this point. 

Evans has definitely been a disappointment so far. I thought this could be a breakout year. They could forego that option, but there's still a lot of season left, so I'm hoping he turns it around. 

I was one of the first on Jayon's bandwagon... thought he was awesome that year before we drafted Evans... and he's elevated his game since. It's hard to envision it, given his strengths and the state of the league with a heavy emphasis on passing. I'm not opposed to signing him, but I also don't see him as a core guy. If he's looking for too ilb money, I'm passing. I liked Long last season and was hoping he'd get more opportunities this year. I think he could plug in for Jayon, and fill in just fine (similar to Kelley for Conklin).

Defense had been down across the league, but were near the bottom, and that's been completely unexpected... for me at least. The talent is there, so I expect a turn around soon. Let's see

I hear what you’re saying and both Evans and Brown have had mostly quiet, unimpressive starts to the season. But I’m still inclined to think that these two are definitely PIECES of this franchise. Jayon’s ability to cover is not easily replaceable but he’s also a very balanced LB. Perhaps a little undersized but also has a nose for the splash play. I don’t think we get his level consistently from Long, who’s a good backup. Is he the most important player on D? No. But I’d be willing to slightly overpay to keep a guy that usually plays at an above average level. 

Evans just still has a lot of upside to me. Maybe I’ll be wrong about him. But I think he just needs to continuing to mature as a player and leader. In a perfect world to me, this is a D led by Evans/Simmons for the next 8-10 years. That’s assuming both reach their potential. Evans isn’t sky high like Simmons but still too high for me to consider moving on from right now. Granted if push came to shove I’d question picking up his option if I needed to at this very moment 

13 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I hear what you’re saying and both Evans and Brown have had mostly quiet, unimpressive starts to the season. But I’m still inclined to think that these two are definitely PIECES of this franchise. Jayon’s ability to cover is not easily replaceable but he’s also a very balanced LB. Perhaps a little undersized but also has a nose for the splash play. I don’t think we get his level consistently from Long, who’s a good backup. Is he the most important player on D? No. But I’d be willing to slightly overpay to keep a guy that usually plays at an above average level. 

Evans just still has a lot of upside to me. Maybe I’ll be wrong about him. But I think he just needs to continuing to mature as a player and leader. In a perfect world to me, this is a D led by Evans/Simmons for the next 8-10 years. That’s assuming both reach their potential. Evans isn’t sky high like Simmons but still too high for me to consider moving on from right now. Granted if push came to shove I’d question picking up his option if I needed to at this very moment 

I feel where you coming from but remember when you’re tight in the salary. & contenders you should always resign cornerstone players. I like brown but I don’t see him as a cornerstone piece, like Byard, Simmons or clowney. Having to pay Landry, Jonnu, perhaps Davis who do you keep