GDT: Bills (4-0) at Titans (3-0)

Titans fan 617

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We are going to lose Arthur Smith aren't we? 

This time last year you couldn't give him away. 

Now we one of the best offenses in the league. 

He’s absolutely going to get a HC job. The bright side being that Vrabel is clearly committed to the Shanahan tree, so there probably won’t be major changes regardless.

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

his worst playcalling day (minnesota) we scored 31 points. he gone, lol. it'll be interesting to see where we go- vrabel values continuity but there isn't a clear candidate for an in-house promotion. we'll have to raid the shanny tree again, i'm guessing.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yep no doubt about it, and he deserves every head coaching offer he gets. Will hate to see him go, but incredibly thankful to him and the whole staff for building such an efficient offensive unit. Needless to say, it's not something we've hardly ever gotten to experience here, and it has been a joy to watch this offense.

I'd hope that we'll be able to keep the same offense continuity rolling with the next guy. My best guess is that Pat O'Hara would be Art's successor here, but that's a conversation for another time.

Very proud of this team. Vrabel and his staff have honestly just done a remarkable job. Lots of season left to go, but it's nice to actually have a coaching staff that we can fully believe in going forward. On to Houston!

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Is it too much to hope that maybe Arthur likes it here and is happy with coaching his side of the team, similar to Brent Venables being happy as the DC at Clemson? lol

Would hate to see him move on, but he's earning the right to do so.

The best hope would be that he has a $500 million inheritance on the way and doesn’t need HC money lol.

24 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Conklin has been meh over in Cleveland 

Keeps getting benched everytime I happened to check in on him

He's been injured some. Don't think he's been benched at all for play. PFF has him as one of the top OTs in the league (5th I think) this year based primarily on him being a dominant run-blocker.

45 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m totally fine if there isn’t, but there has to be a point where teams stop stacking the box, pressing the receivers and daring RT to beat them right?

Apparently the only tape people are watching is from the playoffs where Henry was our offense. Strange they didn't copy the first team to stop us and play to stop the pass, not the run.