Week 4 Bye Mock Draft

moretti19

2021 Prediction:

The Packers are able to dominate throughout the playoffs with their run game. 

NFC Championship

Seattle VS Packers - W 35-31

Super Bowl:

Packers VS Chiefs- W 42- 35

Green-Bay-Packers-3-bold-predictions-for

Resigned:

LT David Bakhtari

3c30aef10e5241c2b71f4f55cc78007b.jpg?res

C Corey Linsley

d2778d4f1b4a4016895077d93b7dcd22-e160081

CB Kevin King

USATSI_14927874-1.jpg?resize=1024,699

RB Jamaal Williams

USATSI_14956420.jpg?resize=1024,682

RB Tyler Ervin

gettyimages-1194145255-e1576616428192.jp

Not Resigned:

Aaron Jones

Will Redmond

Lane Taylor

Montravious Adams

Mercedes Lewis

Free Agents:

Solomon Thomas:

solomon.jpg

NFL Draft: 

According to draftsite.com Pack will have: 1,2,3,4,4,4,5,6,7

RD1:

Michigan_logo.gif Jalen Mayfield*, OT, Michigan
Height: 6-5. Weight: 319.
Projected 40 Time: 5.1.
Projected Round (2021): 1-3.

9/19/20: Perhaps the only offensive linemen who was truly impressive versus Chase Young in 2019 was Michigan's Jalen Mayfield. In plenty of one-on-one matchups, Mayfield got the better of Young, and there were other plays where Young had Mayfield on the ropes but the young Wolverine was able to recover in time to keep Young from making his typical game-changing plays. It was a breakout performance for the Wolverines right tackle to conclude the regular season.

What really jumps out about Mayfield is his quickness and athleticism on the edge to neutralize speed rushers. Mayfield is very quick out of his stance as he fires back or forward with explosion off the ball. With speed and agility, Mayfield instantly gets good depth in his drop and is able to play the typewriter with his feet to mirror speed rushers.

1ccea633-f2cf-480f-909c-91863d6c6034-JM.

RD2

Florida_logo.gif Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 343.
Projected 40 Time: 5.6.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

9/26/20: Slaton recorded 29 tackles with two sacks and a pass defended in 2019. He played well to close out the regular season, but he was wise to go back for his senior year. Slaton did not produce a big stat line for the Gators in 2018, but the big nose tackle caused a lot of disruption and plugged a lot of gaps at the point of attack. He totaled 21 tackles with two for a loss on the year.

Team sources have remarked how Slaton jumped out at them and was impossible to ignore while grading the Gators' 2019 NFL Draft prospects. For the NFL, Slaton projects as a heavy nose tackle.

charleston-southern-florida-football-gai

RD3:

OleMiss_logo.gif Royce Newman, G, Ole Miss
Height: 6-5. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
View Ranking History

9/19/20: Newman had an impressive junior year as Ole Miss' left guard. He did a very good job in pass protection, being credited with only one sack allowed on 416 pass blocks. It was his first season as a starter, so Newman could be even better now that he has some experience. He could stand to get stronger and fill out his frame for the NFL

maxresdefault.jpg

Round 4

ColoradoState_logo.gif Warren Stewart, WR, Colorado State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 206.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.

9/12/20: Stewart is a mammoth receiver who presents a giant size-mismatch problem for defensive backs. After not doing much during his first two seasons, Stewart broke out in 2019 with 77 catches for 1,119 yards and eight touchdowns. If Stewart shows the speed to separate, he could skyrocket.

csu_unm_raw_10.jpg

RD4:

Georgia_logo.gif Monty Rice, ILB, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.7.
View Ranking History

9/26/20: Rice took a big step as a junior, showing improved run defense and some ability to contribute in pass coverage. If he can build off that performance and continue to make more plays in both phases, he could rise into receiving three-down starting potential for the NFL.

7715980.jpg

RD4

Texas_logo.gif Keaontay Ingram*, RB, Texas
Height: 6-0. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

9/12/20: Ingram is a built power back who is also a dangerous receiver out of the backfield. He was a nice outlet receiver for Sam Ehlinger over the past two seasons and showed an impressive ability to adjust to passes for a thickly built back. If Ingram shows the speed to hit the hole and dominates as a runner, he could become a rising prospect.

PAT_5174.JPG

RD5:

Texas_logo.gif Tarik Black, WR, Texas
Height: 6-3. Weight: 206.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

9/12/20: Black decided to transfer to Texas from Michigan after last season. In 2019 for Michigan, he had 25 receptions for 323 yards and a touchdown. Black was held back the inconsistent passing of the Wolverines.

Black was a top recruit who flashed some real ability early on at Michigan, but he sustained a broken foot as a freshman and missed the last 10 games of 2017. That year, he recorded had 11 receptions for 149 yard and a touchdown. Black then suffered another broken foot in August of 2018. Black could produce well in 2020 if he's able to avoid injury.

black_tarik_utep_a2055.JPG

Round 6:

Bryce Thompson*, CB, Tennessee
Height: 5-11. Weight: 181.
Projected 40 Time: 4.5.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

9/19/20: Thompson was a good corner for the Volunteers over his freshman and sophomore year. He could rise as an upperclassmen, but he needs to gain weight and get stronger. If he is shorter than his listed height, Thompson will probably be a slot corner for the NFL.

209198_20180910_FB_ETSU_MN080.jpg

RD7:

USC_logo.gif Vave Malepeai, RB, USC
Height: 6-0. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2021): 6-FA.
View Ranking History

9/12/20: Malepeai has been a rotational back, but he has also flashed some ability the past couple of seasons. He is a big back who packs a punch at the point of attack. Malepeai needs a big season as the feature back to rise.la-1537939055-1n1jj9yih6-snap-image

• Like 1

Hey, I am sure plenty of others on this site as well as myself hate to see Aaron Jones let go. But everyone knows there is only so much money to divide up. Some real tough choices ahead about signing players. Hopefully, Dillon really develops over the course of this season and maybe Tyler Ervin can add more of the elusiveness we lose. Your draft may be early for the season, but many of us love all the mocks we can get. Interesting choices, and I agree with many of the picks. Pretty hard for me to go with two running back picks, however. And it's my guess that Gutekunst will want a defensive tackle and a cornerback much earlier than you do. Mayfield is a great player, but I could see someone like Jay Tufele, a d-lineman from USC,  being selected for us in Round One. Then again, I know less than nothing about judging player talent. Thanks so much for the effort!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Hey, I am sure plenty of others on this site as well as myself hate to see Aaron Jones let go. But everyone knows there is only so much money to divide up. Some real tough choices ahead about signing players. Hopefully, Dillon really develops over the course of this season and maybe Tyler Ervin can add more of the elusiveness we lose. Your draft may be early for the season, but many of us love all the mocks we can get. Interesting choices, and I agree with many of the picks. Pretty hard for me to go with two running back picks, however. And it's my guess that Gutekunst will want a defensive tackle and a cornerback much earlier than you do. Mayfield is a great player, but I could see someone like Jay Tufele, a d-lineman from USC,  being selected for us in Round One. Then again, I know less than nothing about judging player talent. Thanks so much for the effort!

Everyone apart from Moretti  ?

If the cap is as low as feared,  it might be a case of signing Bakh or Jones and King.  Be a huge surprise if Linsley was signed

• Like 1

Hard to say on the resignings. I don't know what the league is going to do on the salary cap, but I don't think it's going to be possible for the league to just cut the cap in line with revenue. That would destroy the players. Most of the league is over the cap for 2021 right now and there's a ton of free agents. That isn't a sustainable solution.

Regardless I think that resigning Linsley and signing Thomas is a pipe dream at this point. Get the LT and the CB signed as well as the cheapies (Lewis, Ervin, Taylor, Lancaster, Redmond, Tonyan, Sullivan, Williams, Lazard, Greene, Nijman) puts you right around $214,000,000 in cap liabilities which is in line with what the cap was going to be pre-Covid. 

If you need any extra money to dip under the cap, you cut Kirksey to save 6 million and roll with Barnes/Summers/Martin/Potential Rookie.

+++

As far as the draft:

Mayfield: A, move Turner back to RG and play Mayfield at RT, improves 2 OL positions.

Slaton: D, I get we need DL, but a pure run plug isn't the play. You can pick one up at Home Depot. This DL class is garbage for what we look for. 

Newman: C, I'd be lying if I said I had watched him, I like the physical profile but not sure we've got a need at the spot. How many developmental Guards do we want to carry on this roster?

Warren Jackson (Not Stewart): B, he's gonna be an interesting one to watch, again he matches the physical profile. Seems to run alright on tape. I really like the physicality as a blocker. His release is very hit or miss off the line. A less polished EQ who isn't carrying the personal red.

Rice: C, haven't really watched him outside of just Georgia games on tape. Didn't immediately jump out at me, but we're rebuilding the room, can't hurt.

Ingram: D, again fits the physical profile and fits a roster need, I just don't really like the player. Subpar vision in a Back is a killer for me. 

Black: A, the talent is there and clearly on display. He just can't stay healthy, chooses terrible QBs, and has some inconsistent hands. As a late round pick, I really like it as a lottery ticket.

Thompson: C, for a camp body, I don't really mind it. I just don't see a long term defensive player out of that skillset. Maybe as a run down guy on specials, but this is also the 6th round, so who cares.

Malepeai: C, haven't watched him, just seems like a decent enough rotational back. Might be a UFA+ rather than a 7th rounder, but I'm not sure it matters this deep in. 

As much as i love jones, you mocked the players i want to re-sign the most. Jamal is a good rb and i would be fine going into a season with him, aj, and swerve. Bahk and king are probably my top 2 FAs to keep. Dont know much about the drafted players, but i like based on FAs. Dont think we would have enough money to sign thomas in this scenario though

12 hours ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Pretty hard for me to go with two running back picks, however. And it's my guess that Gutekunst will want a defensive tackle and a cornerback much earlier than you do. Mayfield is a great player, but I could see someone like Jay Tufele, a d-lineman from USC,  being selected for us in Round One. Then again, I know less than nothing about judging player talent. Thanks so much for the effort!

Agreed. Even if you let Jones go, we have plenty of depth behind him as evidenced Monday so there's no need for multiple backs in this draft despite. I think both Tufele and his teammate(Tuipolotu) are much better fits for what we're looking for as well.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As far as the draft:

1. Mayfield: A, move Turner back to RG and play Mayfield at RT, improves 2 OL positions.

Slaton: D, I get we need DL, but a pure run plug isn't the play. You can pick one up at Home Depot. 2. This DL class is garbage for what we look for. 

Newman: C, I'd be lying if I said I had watched him, I like the physical profile but not sure we've got a need at the spot. 3. How many developmental Guards do we want to carry on this roster?

4A. Warren Jackson (Not Stewart): B, he's gonna be an interesting one to watch, again he matches the physical profile. Seems to run alright on tape. I really like the physicality as a blocker. His release is very hit or miss off the line. A less polished EQ who isn't carrying the personal red.

Rice: C, haven't really watched him outside of just Georgia games on tape. Didn't immediately jump out at me, but we're rebuilding the room, can't hurt.

Ingram: D, again fits the physical profile and fits a roster need, I just don't really like the player. Subpar vision in a Back is a killer for me. 

4B. Black: A, the talent is there and clearly on display. He just can't stay healthy, chooses terrible QBs, and has some inconsistent hands. As a late round pick, I really like it as a lottery ticket.

Thompson: C, for a camp body, I don't really mind it. I just don't see a long term defensive player out of that skillset. Maybe as a run down guy on specials, but this is also the 6th round, so who cares.

Malepeai: C, haven't watched him, just seems like a decent enough rotational back. Might be a UFA+ rather than a 7th rounder, but I'm not sure it matters this deep in. 

1. I like the pick here as well, but I'm not sure we go OT this early when we have a ton of guys that have shown they can play RT and rotate to RT. I go back to that Minnesota game and it seems as if it didn't really matter who we plugged in along the OL; it worked. Then again, it's Minnesota we're talking about here so there's that.

2. I have disagree. The two USC IDL's, Kobie Whiteside, and the two Alabama IDL's later in the draft seem to fit the bill for what we're looking for. You've got two top-20 prospects at the 3-tech in Twyman and Wilson, the two USC guys late 2nd, and then a good selection on Day 3 as things are shaking out at the moment.

3. I had this question as well. We drafted 3 Guards on Day 3 one of which could be argued to be Linsley's replacement so I was a bit unsure of why we'd re-sign Linsley; which I am not opposed to if the money is right. Still, we've had VERY strong Guard play this year so there's no reason to pack that room any further; even if you're losing Taylor, who has proven to be very replaceable. 

4. These picks both make a lot of sense but A is the more common body type whereas B has the speed and talent we're looking for. To me it's pick one or the other here. We seem to be pulling out receivers from our butt and making them work though that's almost purely Aaron; still, I think we may take a WR but wouldn't be surprised if we passed on one again.

---

Overall this really isn't that bad of a mock and it's a good place for us to start that debate regardless of how early we may feel it could be. The Day 3 picks make a lot of sense other than double dipping at RB. As for the veteran moves, I can't help but think we find a way to keep both Bakh and Jones. No way do I see us landing a Solomon Thomas, especially given his increased workload and importance along that banged up SF front-7. Someone may shell out a lot of money for him, but it probably won't be us. The other releases are pretty obvious, but I'd swap Jones for Linsley at this point if money gets tight; plus I can't help but see Jones signing an extension sometime within the next 4-6 weeks. 

I don't think the Packers can afford to re-sign all those, at minimum, they'll have to let go two of the big four remaining in (Bak, Jones, Linsley and King)... I guess they might be able to keep 3 if they let the most expensive one (Bak) leave, but that seems unlikely.

They're reportedly been eyeing Bak and Jones to resign and seemed like they prepped to develop future guys at interior OL.

Even if we resign King, I STILL want a potential upgrade at CB to try to develop... and so I'm thinking they draft two CBs, one in the top 3 rounds unless the players don't fall correct value wise to them...