2021 NFL Draft Thread

43 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’ve mentioned how fond I am of the ND freshman TE Mayer, who I think looks like a baby Gronk. 

But I’m wondering about the other ND TE, Tommy Tremble. One of the combinations I love in a TE prospect, based on guys who have taken a huge step up in the NFL, is timed speed and great blocking. This kid apparently ran a 4.63 as a high school senior, and the announcers fall all over themselves praising his ferocious blocking. There’s a guy on San Fran who came into the league with not much college production but had that combo of speed/blocking in spades. 

If we miss on Pitts in the 1st, which seems extremely likely barring a 3-game skid to end the season, perhaps a guy like Tremble or Jake Ferguson (Wisconsin) in the mid-rounds would prove to be a nice complement (and hopefully eventual successor) to Thomas. 

Yeah, I’ve been on Tommy Tremble all year. I really think at worst he can be a good #2 TE in the NFL. I like him a lot.

21 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah I think we’re playing ourselves out of the top 2 TE prospects. I do like him. Either way I’d probably double up in this draft at TE. Thomas is awesome but the fact we have Sprinkle on our roster tells me there is no competition at the position and even if we’re not getting a day one guy we have to do better to have a chance. The TE position I’ve said forever is a critical position to a teams success especially later in the year when it’s cold nobody likes tackling those big bulls. Their hard to cover and they just eat yards. I’m with you on this take as usual lol

Who’s the #2 TE, Bevin Jordan? Where do you think he goes? I think he could be there for us in round 2.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who’s the #2 TE, Bevin Jordan? Where do you think he goes? I think he could be there for us in round 2.

I think he’s selected in the top 40. Too much Jordan reed and he has no injuries that I can remember. I think if he’s 2” taller he’s a first rounder because he’s just that good of a pass catcher. He does have the base and size to grow as a blocker. He’s shown the willingness to block and when he does a good block he gets hyped so there’s hope. If we steal that guy in the second trust me I’m elated and really hoping maybe we stole a Wilson or Derrishaw or Smith because Pitts wasn’t avalible

10 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he’s selected in the top 40. Too much Jordan reed and he has no injuries that I can remember. I think if he’s 2” taller he’s a first rounder because he’s just that good of a pass catcher. He does have the base and size to grow as a blocker. He’s shown the willingness to block and when he does a good block he gets hyped so there’s hope. If we steal that guy in the second trust me I’m elated and really hoping maybe we stole a Wilson or Derrishaw or Smith because Pitts wasn’t available 

Maybe, just remember Jordan Reed fell to round 3 despite being one of the best pass catchers in his draft class in 2013, even amongst the WRs.

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not sure Notre Dame deserves to be the #2 team, I actually never did believe they were the #2 team in the country but it’s Notre Dame so they were given the slot ahead of others.

They've played awful today.

While I 100% believe that Notre Dame is the worst offender of this, I do think there are a handful of other schools that get the benefit too, including your Buckeyes.

47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

While I 100% believe that Notre Dame is the worst offender of this, I do think there are a handful of other schools that get the benefit too, including your Buckeyes.

Yes no doubt but, Ohio State is competitive in most of its CFBP games and they did win the very first ever CFBP Championship in 2014-15. 

OSU would’ve beaten Clemson last year if not for 2 or 3 plays in that game & two of them were referee decisions like targeting on Shaun Wade bc he & Chase Young hit Trevor Lawrence too hard on a sack & Clemson fumbled but, OSU returned it for a TD and if not for the refs overturning the Clemson WRs catch, OSU wins that game.

It’s not like they go there and get blown out like Notre Dame. I can’t remember the last time Notre Dame played huge in a big game except for when Clemson didn’t have Trevor Lawrence earlier this year.

8 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I hope every member of this forum is watching Kyle Trask tonight.

Hoping he plays well, this defense game s the biggest test he’ll have!! That run by Trask there looked like a Big Ben run after he didn’t see anything open downfield when Ben was younger.

Edited by turtle28