2021 NFL Draft Thread

24 minutes ago, offbyone said:

As you said, you would trade Young for a franchise qb.  So if Herbert and/or Tua end up being franchise qbs then Young wasn't the 2nd best prospect in the draft.  

Very common for a DE to be drafted high.  It seems to be the second most important position in football.  Bosa, Garrett, Clowney, etc.

I am glad we got Young and have no buyers remorse.  If we want a qb this year or next year or whenever, we just have to be willing to give up the required compensation.

I would trade Chase Young for a current franchise QB, a proven vet who has proven beyond a doubt he’s a pro bowl QB or better. I wouldn’t switch a prospect for him. We chose the right guy last year. There was nothing close to a guarantee with Tua or Herbert. Really zero question marks with Chase while there were a lot with of questions surround the QBs except Burrow.

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Trevon Moehrig. 

The top 3 WRs were gone, the top 4 OL were gone, Parsons and JOK were gone. Not a great scenario for us. 

I can live with it. Not sure he does enough to start over Everrett or Reaves in year 1 but down the road I think he’ll be a good starting FS.

If JOK is gone, I’d hope we take Zaven Collins over taking a safety.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would trade Chase Young for a current franchise QB, a proven vet who has proven beyond a doubt he’s a pro bowl QB or better. I wouldn’t switch a prospect for him. We chose the right guy last year. There was nothing close to a guarantee with Tua or Herbert. Really zero question marks with Chase while there were a lot with of questions surround the QBs except Burrow.

Interesting take.  So you would trade Young for a vet but not a rookie qb.  So no Chase Young to Jaguars for Lawrence.  I guess that makes sense other than the fact that Rodgers has <5 years left in him and a guy like Herbert has well over a decade.